Last edited by a moderator:

Facebook- Ford Models Canada

And old interview I guess?
It's so cute that she became friends with Siri before her big break :wub:

Agency- Ford (Toronto)

Hometown- Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON

Background- Dutch

Modelling Since- I've been modelling for about 2½ years but I joined Ford in September

Age- 22

Height- 5'11" (180 cm)

Hair- Light Brown

Eyes- Blue/Green

Discovered- By a Toronto laywer while I was working my summer job in a fruit stand

Best Modelling Moment- Seeing myself in a magazine for the first time

Awkward Modelling Moment- Pronouncing a designer's name wrong right in front of them...

Favourite Market- Milan, I've lived there for over a year in total. It's like a second home.

Favourite Model- Siri Tollerød. We were in Milan together before her big break.She's probably the sweetest girl I know.

Most Embassing song on your iPod- Applausi Per Fibra, by Fabri Fibra, italian rap...

Also represented by-Joy (Milan), Modelwerk (Hamburg)

modelresource.ca

ahahhaha I already like her immensely coz of her responses (how she was discovered, best modeling moment, fav market and the song) !!! go girl!

is this her?
599261_364513290287399_1472533056_n.jpg

facebook.com/JenicaVMM

ph. Felix Wong

felinewong.tumblr

tumblr_m48iea_VVpu1r8tb99o1_1280.jpg

juried.tumblr

Model of the month (May 25th, 2009:( Jenica Vandermeer

This gorgeous brunette from Ford Models gives us the insider scoop on the real her. Keep reading and get to know more about this online shopping, down-to-earth fashionista from Niagara Falls, Ontario.
tumblr_lf5lv0_QCg_G1qgspz3o1_250.jpg

Ph. Geneviève Charbonneau

Who is your all-time fave supermodel?
Natalia Vodianova, she is so beautiful.
Describe your most embarrassing moment on the job.
Pronouncing a designer’s name wrong in front of them.
What’s the best part of your job?
Traveling! I just love experiencing new cultures!
Describe your ideal Saturday night.
Make dinner with Caleb, my fiancé, then read together or hang out with our friends.
Wardrobe essential you can’t live without?
Vests!
In terms of style, which celeb do you have the most in common with?
I love Sienna Miller’s style. I’d say mine is most similar to that.
If you could model for any designer, who would it be?
Karl Lagerfeld.
Are you an online shopper?
Avid.
What do you keep in your handbag?
Lip balm, iPod, book, camera, sunglasses, gum, my day planner. I think I might be able to live out of my purse.
Did anyone in the industry ever ask you to change your look?
No, but sometimes I get sick of it, and want to cut my hair off. My friends always convince me not to.
What advice do you have for new models?
If someone doesn’t book you for something, it’s not because they didn’t like you. Stay confident, you are beautiful.
What is your favourite city to travel to?
Milan. I love Italian food and the culture.
If you could chose 3 celebrities to invite over for dinner, who would you chose and why?
Michelle Obama, to find out what her plans are as First Lady and what inspires her. Karl Lagerfeld, to get to know him and where he gets his inspiration. Johnny Depp because my sister thinks he’s sexy.
How do you stay in shape?
I run and hike whenever I have free time. I love the outdoors.

louloumagazine.com

ph. Greg Swales
jenica_vandermeer.jpg

modelresource.ca

modelwerk.de

Jenica VanderMeer
Model of the Issue 3
Born in Niagara on the Lake, Canada

Jenica has been with Ford Models for 3 years. She was discovered while working at her parents fruit stand. Jenica started her career after finishing high school and has been working full time since. Originally from Niagara on the Lake, she now resides in Hamilton with her husband. Although she is based in Toronto she frequents other markets like New York and Europe.

How and when did you know you wanted to become a model?
My desire to work in the fashion industry was more of a self-discovery process. It wasn’t until after I started working that I realized that I enjoyed it.

Where were you discovered?
I was discovered at my summer job working at a fruit stand in Niagara on the Lake.

What do you like most about being a model?
I enjoy the traveling and experiencing new cultures. It has always been something I’ve wanted to do and I feel so fortunate to have the opportunity to do it.

What has been the greatest experience you have had so far?
My greatest experience has been getting to work with some really great teams. It’s really amazing to see a vision come together into a final product.

What is your fashion dream?
When I first started modeling I wanted to be in a Gap commercial. They looked like they would be a lot of fun. Specifically the "trees" holiday one from 5 years ago.

What was your favorite city you traveled to work to?
I love the food and culture in Milan, Italy, but I would have to say Paris is the most beautiful.

Who is your fashion icon?
I get my inspiration from so many people it would be hard to pick one person. A lot of my inspiration is from friends and other models.

What are your goals in the next 5 years as a model?
In the next five years I’d like to continue modeling but begin to take on a larger role behind the scenes. Possibly in the art direction or mentoring young models.

What are your secrets for a fit and healthy body?
My secrets for a fit and healthy body are eating lots of raw veggies, no red meats, and running. Also, it’s important for me to find time to enjoy the outdoors.

What is your favorite part of your body?
Whenever I see a picture of the back of head I think it’s so cute. Hahaha.

What makes you feel sexy?
My husband.

Is the fashion world what you expected it to be?
The fashion world is great, but there are many challenges in unexpected place.

What do you enjoy doing when you are not working?
I love to sew, craft, quilt and be entrepreneurial. My latest endeavor is an etsy store, called vintageowlery that sells vintage clothing that I find during my travels.

What would you ask yourself that we haven’t asked you in this interview?
Something I can’t live without: my moisturizer.

1968magazine.com

Jenica Vandermeer (Jenica Ratzlaff) by Maja Hajduk
makeup: Vanessa Jarman (Page One)
wardrobe: Marcus Tripp (Ford)

majahajduk.com

So many great Canadian newcomers lurking around, hope some of them will find success. They all seem to share a common factor in that they are not quirky or baby faced, but just naturally beautiful and womanly looking Jenica is fantastic, her coloring is beautiful. That runway shot in post #1 is incredible, and shows she is more than capable of breaking through internationally.

Wow what a gorgeous Canadian girl. Would love to see her on international runways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theaucourant
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->