Jerome Dreyfuss Bags

CocktailChic

Reaction score
I just got back from Paris and I have seen this bag in boutiques like Onward, Shine and also in Le Bon Marche. Its part of his new collection and comes in several sizes and also in python too. The leather is so soft. I bought it in green but I am feeling a bit guilty now.:blush:

292a3524.jpg

The handles remind me of the Chloe Silverado in a good way.

the rivets are very paddington... this bag is like a Silverado, Paddington with a few MJ twists...

at least to me. :wink:

Softie,didn't we have a thread in D&C about the new line?

To be honest,they aren't bad but I remember Jérôme when he was designing full collections and he was a bit more irreverent and experimental. It's a little safe and commercial for what his style was.

Jérôme Dreyfuss - Bag creator

Your first fashion desires?
I got into this career to flirt with girls. I was super shy and asked them if they wanted to come try dresses at my place. One morning, I got to my office and it was incredible, Naomi, Claudia, Nadja Auermann sitting in the stairs and waiting to try on clothes and I hadn't even booked a meeting.

Your beginnings?
When I begun, we were immersed in the minimalist era, an austere fashion, very dark, a little gothic, anyway hyper minimalistic and here I was with my images of fashion that made me dream when I was a kid, and that was Alaya, Mugler, Montana.

Why bags?
Accessories were a desire. I thought girls' consumption habits had changed. Bags became the silouhette's essential element, which it was not before.

Innovations for the spring-summer collection?
The shapes are still a bit "loose", bags that slouch, all soft, in which you can put a lot of things, that are rather large. About the range of colours, there is an emerald green that works really well.

Your sources of inspiration?

I work for my wife and my friends, for girls of my generation who are on the go, work and have children.

A slogan?

My leathers are as soft as a baby's buttocks, and babies' bottocks are really soft!

Sorry, did my best... I have a monster headache. Hopefully you can understand it :flower:

I want this...

img10392419374.jpeg

The snakeskin one is really nice too (and I'm normally not into things of a scaly nature)

img10392348247.jpeg

(Images from Mahna Mahna)

Looking for Jerome Dreyfus bag photos

Hi,

I'm looking for photos & pricing for Jerome Dreyfus bags. Preferably a website that sells his bags that will have prices listed.

The bag in question has two top handles and one longer over the shoulder strap. It's super soft and slouchy (chocolate brown) and has a single pocket on the outside. Someone I know has a new one to sell and I don't know what his bags run for regularly and if I'm getting a good deal.

I tried searching online but I can't find anything... not even pictures. I don't know if it's because maybe his bags are hard to find or if it's because I'm just spelling the designers name wrong.

Can anyone help me??

His last name is actually spelled with two S's, so search Jerome Dreyfuss.

I've been eyeing his bags for a while now. They're really nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahh thanks! I found his site. The bag I was referring to I think is the "Billie" one on his site. It's hard to tell though because the bag photos are cropped. I wish I knew how much they were. I decided to buy the new one I had found. It's so beautiful and makes me so happy... although I'd be even happier knowing for sure I got a great deal :wink:

BTW - Thanks so much for your link to the other page. Again my misspelling probably was why I coudn't find it even on a forum search here.

Thank you! That just made my day! I fell in love with how freakishly soft the bag leather was and I knew it just had to be a pretty expensive bag normally :smile: It's an amazing bag. And I definately got a great deal on it too hehe... just $150 after tax.

I remember seeing this exact bag in eBay in green. I was away when the auction ended, and it ended up going for only $300 or so. Still kicking myself over that, esp considering that I saw a gray one at H. Lorenzo selling for over $900. :shock:

I love his bags, especially this one

tough_bags_jdreyfuss.jpg

luckymag

It unfolds into a satchel.

the quality isn't too great....i have a lot of his bags and i'm constantly having problems with them......the zippers are usually way too stiff and make extremely hard to zip.....i've had clasps break off or wear down.

other than that, i love the leather and designs and will probably keep buying his bags....they get better and better the more they are broken into

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaffir124
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->