Joan Bennett

With her kids
c-1.jpg

Hulton

thank you to post it here, is so fun to see the clip.
In some scenes i think Paulette Goddard's look and her voice is more mature than character who is just about 16 or 17.

^ Beautiful picture. I can see little resemblance with Hedy Lamarr there. I even have seen some photos of Hedy in which she appeared with a big dog similar to this one.

ebay

^ Beautiful picture. I can see little resemblance with Hedy Lamarr there. I even have seen some photos of Hedy in which she appeared with a big dog similar to this one.

oh yes, you remind me of this also, i know what pic you are talking about :D, i hadn't realized it until you told me. I agree that she looks like Hedy Lamarr much as a brunette, and i prefer Joan as a brunette also ^_^

beauitful pictures have been posted so far in this thread:flower:...i´m no particular fan of joan.she was very pretty as a blonde and i liked to look at the pictures you´ve posted of the earlier part of her carreer.as an actress i found her much more interesting in her laterr years when she played in such classics as the woman in the window and scarlet street.she was perfect as the mysterious femme fatale in those movies and left an indelible trace on celluloid.both belong to my alltime favourite films.2 milestones in film noir.i think looking back that i found her rather annoying in little women and that i preferred liz taylor and much later kirsten dunst...but it´s so long ago that i´ve watched the movie that i cannot really remember my impressions...btw i think i found katharine hepburn rather annoying too:rolleyes:.just one not very special picture of young joan
picture show annual 32
306866.583joanbennett_ps.jpg

and a nice ..umm... piece of art (source : the golden treasure allbum of the screen,ca. 1933)
a hair o from my dog has msteriously smuggled itself into my scanner.well it doesn´t diminish her beauty and could be seen as a nice and extravagant accessoire:P.

307034.951joanbennett_album.jpg

from the book leading ladies:
307036.887joanbennett_ll.jpg

Thank you for your beautiful scans somnambule :flower: Haha, so funny the anecdote of the dog. BTW, The woman in the window and Scarlet street are two of my favorite films too.

condenast

:woot: i love the pics in post 34.stunning:heart:!

a coloured pic from her early days....
film pictorial star portrait album (ca. 30-32)
315132.613joanbennett_star.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dima77
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->