Joshua Jackson

HeatherAnne

Reaction score
He's stylish enough to hold his own with fashionable girlfriend Diane Kruger at events and on red carpets, so he definitely deserves his own thread.

Joshua Carter Jackson (born June 11, 1980) is a Canadian–American actor. He has appeared in television and film roles, and is known for playing Pacey Witter in the television series Dawson's Creek and Charlie Conway in The Mighty Ducks film series.

Early life
Jackson was born in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, the son of Fiona Jackson, a casting director, and John Carter. Jackson's father is from Texas and his mother is a native of Ballyfermot, Dublin, Ireland, having immigrated to North America in the late 1960s. He has a sister, Aisleagh, and two half-brothers, Lyman and Jonathan Carter from his father's first marriage. Jackson grew up in California until the age of 8. He then moved to Seattle where he attended Einstein Middle School in Shoreline, Washington. Shortly thereafter, he moved back to Vancouver with his mother and younger sister. He briefly attended Ideal Mini School and later switched to Kitsilano Secondary School.

Career
Soon after he took up acting, Jackson landed the role of Charlie in the The Mighty Ducks series, a part for which Jake Gyllenhaal was also considered (years later both would also be amongst a small group of actors considered for the role of Bruce Wayne/Batman in Batman Begins, which eventually went to Christian Bale). However the role for which Jackson is best known is as the lovable-smart-***-side-kick Pacey Witter on Dawson's Creek. This television show, which was one of the most popular on the now defunct WB network, ran from 1998-2003, and also starred James Van Der Beek, Michelle Williams and Katie Holmes. While the show was on hiatus, he appeared in several movies including Cruel Intentions, The Skulls, The Safety of Objects, The Laramie Project and a short cameo in the remake of Ocean's Eleven where he appears as himself in a poker scene with Brad Pitt, George Clooney and Topher Grace, among others. In 2000, he also guest starred in Season 12 of The Simpsons, voicing the character of Jesse Grass, a "hunky environmentalist" and love interest for Lisa Simpson in the episode Lisa the Tree Hugger.

Shortly after Dawson's Creek ended, Jackson played the lead role in films alongside Dennis Hopper (Americano), Harvey Keitel (Shadows in the Sun), and Donald Sutherland (Aurora Borealis). In 2005, Jackson moved to the UK and made his stage debut on the London West End with Patrick Stewart in David Mamet's two-man play, A Life in the Theatre. The play was a critical and popular success, and ran from February to April of that year. Jackson has said in recent interviews that he would consider returning to the stage, this time trying his hand on Broadway. His next film role was in the all-star ensemble drama Bobby, directed by Emilio Estevez, Jackson's co-star from The Mighty Ducks. Recently, he was in Tokyo, filming a US remake of the Asian horror film Shutter. He is in Canada filming an independent film called One Week.

In February 2008, it was announced that Jackson will play the male lead in Fringe. Dwight H. Little had a lot of interest in Jackson into playing the powerful lead role of Jin Kazama in Tekken.

Personal life
Jackson has dual U.S. and Canadian citizenship. He divides his time between Los Angeles and Vancouver. Previously he lived in Wilmington, North Carolina, where the television program Dawson's Creek was filmed. He has dated Katie Holmes, Brittany Daniel, Julia Stiles, Rosario Dawson and is dating Diane Kruger, despite rumors that they broke up in March 2007. The couple were at the Cannes film festival and in various other events together in summer 2007.

Source: Wikipedia

Last edited by a moderator:
Metropolitan Opera "La Fille Du Regiment" Opening Night: April 21, 2008.

Source: WireImage

seriously how many guys can wear what looks to be a velvet tuxedo jacket, and still look good

thank you, kochie! i'm glad a thread's been posted in his honor! :flower:

I am glad this thread has been started, he is so well dressed.

Here are some of my favourite looks

normal_Josh-Canucks-Kings-Game-002.jpg

normal_josh_degrisogono002.jpg

normal_josh_marquee4th-004.jpg

reporterskruger06091102tq4.jpg

Source for all images JoshJackson.net

TA! I appreciate your clarification, bettygem! I'm glad he's still "single" and not yet betrothed or anything along the lines of that! :flower:

I used to watch "Dawson's Creek", and I thought he was far more appealing than Dawson himself...or James Vanderbeek or wotever his name is :lol:

he really does have great style. love that third picture where he is wearing a vest. It looks like an outfit that could be from a different era, yet it still looks stylish enough to wear today

i loved him on dawsons creek and he and diane make a gorgeous couple.

Some dawsons appreciation.

dawsonscreek.com

i remember when everyone would watch that show. it was like Wednesday night...have to watch Dawson's Creek!

Thanks bettygem, it's not my favorite look of his, but he is the only one who could even remotely pull it off. He's gorgeous.

I really wasn't sure at first but I think he looks gorgeous too.

Celebutopia

I have always loved Joshua over Dawson!! And I still do!! I really hope to see him in Grey's Anatomy!

The upfronts are next week, Fox's on the 15th so we should have some pictures.

Source: Josh-Jackson.net

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velvetmuse
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->