Kangana Ranaut

Kangana's Birthday Bash

DSC_0245.JPG
DSC_0250.JPG

DSC_9037.JPG
IMG_1701.JPG

nowrunning

Again, a lot of people are just slamming her birthday outfit-some calling it the biggest Bollywood fashion flop ever-but I love it. Only she could get away with it, and I do admit, I am a sucker for a collared shirt tucked into shorts. I would have done a short with a lower waist, but other than that, I love it.

Well I just read that she has signed on to do her first comedy-it's called "No Problem" and she stars as the sister of Sushmita Sen's character. It's also being produced by Anil Kapoor, and she is excited to do a comedy, to say the least.

from RealBollywood
Kangana intends to have a ball on the sets of her first comedy No Problem.

“So far I’ve never had fun on the sets. All the character I’ve played have been introverted and troubled. So I’ve been in my shell. During Fashion Madhur Bhandarkar used to scold me for being in a shell all the time. But if I play insecure paranoid characters I can’t be laughing and playing around. But it was the nature of the characters. For Anees Bazmi’s film I’m changing completely. I’m going to organize parties on the sets, constantly crack Santa-Banta jokes and most important of all, I will bond with Sushmita. Hopefully our bonding will last beyond one film.”

After signing a film together, Sushmita Sen has taken the lovely Kangana Ranaut under her wings. Always known to be warm towards her co-stars Sushmita has taken a special fancy to Kangana because of her facial resemblance to Sushmita’s daughter Renee.

Says Kangana, “On the first day that we met we struck a special chord in each other’s hearts. I was standing at a premiere and she came up to me. She held my face in her hands and said I’ve hair exactly like her daughter. And that whenever she saw me she was reminded of her daughter. From that moment onwards we bonded. Luckily I play Sushmita’s sister in the film that we’re doing together. I love calling her Didi.”

Kangana is pleased as hell to be finally doing comedy. “I was really hurt when people said I was destined only to play tragic roles. I wanted to do comedy for the longest time. And that I’ve Sushmita playing my sister in the film is an added bonus. We’ll have a ball playing sisters.”

The film is Anees Bazmi’s comedy No Problem produced by Anil Kapoor.
Says Kangana, “I had decided whenever I do my first comedy it would have to be either with Anees Bazmi or David Dhawan. Everyone thought I was wrong for the part in No Problem. No one was convinced I could do comedy, not after playing all those traumatized roles. But Anilji convinced everyone that I could do.”

^Sounds interesting. I really can't imagine her doing comedy, but it will make a nice change from all the tragedy roles.

She actually has quite the full year ahead of her it seems-she's got that, Once Upon A Time In Mumbai, an international project, and plus Roshan is supposed to be released. It's the perfect time for her to do a comedy, as a lot of people want to see if she has the chops to do it because like you said, she normally does the tragedy roles.

Not surprisingly, she got an IIFA nomination for Best Supporting Actress for Fashion.

Last edited by a moderator:
She is going Hollywood after all!:woot: She'll need to work a bit on her English as in many interviews, it's not been her strongest suit, but I'd rather see her than many other stars.

article from india.com
After going gaga over Bollywood beauty Aishwarya Rai’s international appeal and Freida Pinto’s alluring charms, the West is now wooing latest sensation Kangana Ranaut.

The actress, who despite several praiseworthy performances has failed to establish a strong foothold in B-town, has caught the foreign attention and will soon be seen getting up close and personal with Hollywood funny man Mathew Perry.

Even though nothing has been put on paper yet, buzz has it that Kangana has been called to Los Angeles to give a screen test for the movie. But what’s interesting is that unlike Ash and Pinto who have Hollywood vying for them, it was Kangana who went all out to grab the Western eye.

The actress reportedly met up with a few Hollywood agents while she was in LA shooting for ‘Kites’. Confirming the news a daily quoted a source as saying, "Kangana met the agents who'd provided actors for the Kites schedule in the US. People from the agent's office met the actress and expressed interest in furthering her career in Hollywood."

Once back home the actress sent them the DVDs of her movies. And after seeing her performances, the producers have now called the young actress for a screen test.

Unwilling to divulge any details about her western rendezvous, the actress for now has her bags packed and is all set fly to LA at the end of this month.

I know, and I am hoping she will be at Cannes because BIG Pictures, the company that produced it, is having a big press conference and party, as well as showing the teaser on the two screens by the red carpet. They are actively trying to market Kites worldwide, which I would absolutely LOVE.

Performing at Miss India 2009 (she did a bunch of Madhuri Dixit/Aishwarya Rai songs)

still38.jpg

still4.jpg

still32.jpg

85812905.jpg

First three from indiafm, last one from Getty

Shakalaka Boom Boom music launch
still7.jpg

still5.jpg

still4-1.jpg

still2-1.jpg

A cute one from the Life In A...Metro music launch
still6.jpg

all from indiafm

Not a fan of the dress or the makeup..she really looks best with minimal makeup imo.

Have there been any promos of Kites yet?

At the Spice gala (credit indiafm)

still12.jpg
still2-2.jpg

still5-2.jpg

still9-1.jpg

Also the official release date for Kites is the 16th of October-it'll be a Diwali release.

Not a fan of the dress or the makeup..she really looks best with minimal makeup imo.

Have there been any promos of Kites yet?
Trust me, I'm getting stills of Vaada Raha as we speak, and you aren't going to be happy. In most of them she is actually wearing saris, and you can tell it was shot in 07 because she still had her belly ring in at the time (in Fashion, one of her dresses clearly shows a scar from a bellybutton piercings). Let's just say there's a LOT of makeup.

As for Kites, let's just say our girl is getting a raw deal. She was not invited to Cannes, and she is not in the trailer AT ALL. Here is a GlamSham article that I just found:

The reports about Kangana Ranaut being given a second hand treatment in the promotion of the upcoming film KITES seems to have made the actor a complete recluse. We hear the actor called up the director, who also happens to be Kangana's mentor, and expressed her concern for not being given enough publicity for the film.

Now, we hear the director is going to advocate her inclusion in the promotional campaign which so far has featured only Hrithik and Barbara Mori.

Well, looks like Kangana's faith in Anurag Basu is still unshakeable. We hope Mr. Roshan (senior) doesn't play the spoilsport yet another time.

"Vaada Raha...I Promise" Stills (courtesy of indiafm)

still1-1.jpg

still4-3.jpg

still8.jpg

still26.jpg

still3.jpg

still22.jpg

still20.jpg

still2-3.jpg

still18.jpg

still10.jpg

still44.jpg

still43.jpg

still7-1.jpg

still39.jpg

still41.jpg

Oh no..not another film with Bobby Deol. It does look kinda dated, and the makeup and hair!

I hope things work out for her in regards to Kites.

I do too, because it could be the biggest film of her career. Then again, she's got a lot of films coming up soon, including a Telugu one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flawlessdisaster
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->