Kate Moss (Please put any and all Kate related gossip in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
News of the World apologises to Kate Moss for pregnancy rumour
Monday 2 March 2009 10.52 GMT
MossTopshop1.jpg

Kate Moss: suing the News of the World over false allegations. Photograph: Getty

The News of the World has apologised to supermodel Kate Moss for falsely claiming that she was pregnant.
Yesterday, the paper ran a page 2 apology for a story on 15 February with the headline "It's Kate Expectations", which alleged that Moss was expecting her second child.
Harbottle & Lewis, the law firm that represents Moss, commenced legal proceedings.
"We now accept that our information was incorrect and that Kate is not pregnant," the paper said in its apology yesterday, which appears on the News of the World website. "We apologise to her for our error and any upset caused by it."
The newspaper did not agree the wording of the apology with Harbottle & Lewis, which issued legal proceedings on Thursday.
Moss is suing the paper under the Data Protection Act, claiming invasion of privacy and misuse of private information.
"We confirm that proceedings have been issued," a Harbottle & Lewis spokeswoman said.
The News of the World article alleged that the model was three months pregnant and that the baby was due in August. The paper has removed the story from its website.
the guardian

well i guess that means that she's def not preggo given that she's suing :(. i'm sure that her daughter would love to have a sibling.

Kate said in the New York magazine interview she wasn't pregnant, so I don't know why people are still speculating about it :huh:

KATE MOSS and her rocker boyfriend are planning to snap up the run-down farmhouse that featured in cult Brit flick Withnail & I.
The 35-year-old supermodel and KILLS frontman JAMIE HINCE are both big fans of the acclaimed Eighties comedy, which starred RICHARD E GRANT.
They aim to turn the 18th-century building, valued at £145,000, into a rural retreat.
Part of it will be used as an artist’s studio where Kate can indulge her new passion for landscape painting.

Landscape painting??? :lol:

'Kate Moss is a vampire who stole my style': Sixties icon Marianne Faithfull slams her former pal :angry:

on 08th March 2009

Marianne Faithfull has launched an extraordinary attack on former friend Kate Moss, calling the supermodel a ‘vampire’ who stole her style.
The 62-year-old singer says that, although she and Kate were once close, they are no longer on speaking terms.
'She's not really my friend. I thought she was, but she's very clever,' she said.
article-1160333-03C90FB4000005DC-435_468x569.jpg

Former friends: Marianne Faithfull has accused model Kate Moss, pictured with her in 1997, of stealing her style
'She wanted to read me like a Braille book. And she did. It's a vampirical thing.'
Marianne, who famously had a relationship with Mick Jagger in the late 1960s, even accuses the 35-year-old of emulating her choice of men, comparing the Rolling Stone to Kate’s new boyfriend Jamie Hince.
'Now I see pictures of her with a boy who looks like Mick Jagger, and her looking like me. So there was a reason. It's one of her gigs to do me,' she told The Times.
article-1160333-03C90FC8000005DC-484_224x423.jpg
article-1160333-03C90EB4000005DC-886_224x423.jpg

'It's one of her gigs to do me': Kate in 2007 and Marianne in a similar outfit in 1967
Kate and Marianne, apparently drawn to each other by a shared love of fashion and rock stars, were once a regular night-time fixture in Central London and even holidayed together in the Bahamas.
At the time the iconic star said that she and Kate, who is almost thirty years her junior, were kindred spirits.
‘She’s very complex – she’s very like me. She’s a Capricorn. I think she’s great,’ she has said.
However the pair’s friendship ‘suddenly soured’ some time later according to Marianne.
article-1160333-03C90F06000005DC-94_224x454.jpg
article-1160333-03C90F11000005DC-94_224x454.jpg

The singer suggests that Kate's new boyfriend Jamie Hince resembles her old flame Mick Jagger, pictured with Marianne (right) in the Sixties
'You know, it's OK. I don't give a s***. But I was quite offended at the time. We were very fond of each other. And then it suddenly soured,' she added.
'She's very clever, but she isn't at all educated. We don't have any [common] references. Except music.”
The singer, who is returning to music after taking a long break following treatment for breast cancer, was famously found naked, covered in just a fur rug, during a police drugs raid on Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards's Sussex mansion in the Sixties.
dailymail

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats a nasty thing to say marianne :yuk:
Besides Kate always admitted her fashion inspiration was Anita Pallemberg.

^^ Or, saying something outrageous about Kate Moss is the surest way to get you name in the papers to remind people of your all but non-existent singing career... :huh:

I love Marianne but it seems a bit petty to accuse Kate of stealing her style. Interesting that they don't speak anymore though.

The woman is just Just Plain stupid, the 60s must have destroyed her brain.

And Jamie resembling Mick Jagger? They look absolutely nothing alike, but really nothing.

I dont belive the story of dailymail, I think it's made up.... and I dont want to sound geek but whom can visit the threads of jane birkin,marianne faithfull and brigitte bardot may seen the resemblence. sometimes kate adopts some styles but sometimes she takes it directly. like swallow tattoo,marianne got it ages ago.I mean I think it's okay to adopt if you like someone's style...but since kate called as a fashion icon...I dont know maybe kate may give more credits to these persons.

^ It's not made up, the Daily Mail pinched the quotes from an interview Marianne did with The Times :wink: I completely agree that Kate takes/took style inspiration from those women and she obviously buys into all the 60s rock 'n' roll mythology. I don't think she needs to acknowledge it or give credit though... There is obviously more to their bust up than that :lol:

This is sad news to me..I thought they were still pals:( And I like them both, so it's quite annoying..

And Jamie resembling Mick Jagger? They look absolutely nothing alike, but really nothing.
exactly. they not only don't look alike but they also don't behave alike... it's so silly to say such a thing.
and the way the dailymail compared those pictures is ridiculous too... the first person that came to my mind when kate wore that fur coat with the black leotard was edie sedgwick actually, not marianne... it's pretty obvious she takes inspiration from this 60s generation, she already mentioned marianne and anita - and also edie s. - more than once, but maybe she should write that in a t-shirt and wear it everyday so that we won't foget the vampire she is:rolleyes:

I love them both and have no idea what really happened between two people I don't even know so I don't think I will be picking sides.

Seems to be team Kate here on TFS though. Almost scarily so.

I love them both and have no idea what really happened between two people I don't even know so I don't think I will be picking sides.

Seems to be team Kate here on TFS though. Almost scarily so.

We do not need to Know what happened between them to see that this stealing style thing is ridiculous, Yes Kate Takes inspiration from the 60s, Marianne did not invent the 60s, We could compare some pictures of Kate with anyone "famous" from that time,and the effect would be the same. It has been done and more successfully than this it has to be said.
And let's not even go into the Jamie thing, I actually have difficulty thinking of someone more different than Mick Jagger than Jamie.

We do not know who's right or wrong in the feud between those two there is more to it than this, but style and boyfriend were the angle that Marianne wants to take, and that make her sounds seriously delusional.

everything we're saying is based on those news, we're assuming marianne really said those things because she gave an interview, so it's not that we just can't hear a single bad thing about kate moss... it isn't a like/dislike case i suppose, we don't really need to know them to think that marianne is acting like a child, screaming for media attention...

edit -
but style and boyfriend were the angle that Marianne wants to take, and that make her sounds seriously delusional.
that's the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mihxxen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"