Knee/Thigh High Socks

Thigh-High Socks

I looked and looked but couldn't find a thread on this. If there is, I apologize for my indulgence. :flower:

309530y.png

rucpr8.jpg

laceandtea.blogspot, shelleyochjoachim.blogg.se

Any more? I've been seeing this trend more and more lately.

That second girl looks great in the socks but it shows that you need killer legs to pull them off!

I'm a huge huge fan of thigh high socks. I've been a fan of basic black ones since I got a nice pair for Christmas. Those shrunk though, and I lost my last Hot Topic one. Currently in search for a nice pair that's not pricey. (American Apparel is always too overpriced for me!)

And I most definitely believe that you don't have to have waif-like legs in order to pull off thigh high socks. They can easily get trashy looking, so you just have to wear them with classy clothes. I'm a much rounder girls than those ones in the picture, and I trust that I look absolutely fine with my thigh-highs.

I love them! I've got loads of stripey pairs that I wear with short skirts and big boots. I like wearing them over fishnets too.

That second girl looks great in the socks but it shows that you need killer legs to pull them off!
It is true, you have to have nice legs to pull them off. I have big calves and can not pull it off .I find that girls with twiggy legs look fab in knee high socks.

I love how alexa chung wears knee highs
33o4oep.jpg

buzzworthy.mtv.com

Last edited by a moderator:
^ agree, Alexa looks great in them.

Here is Kirsten Dunst wearing hers at the beginning of 2009.

30rtt3n.jpg

kirstenimages.com

51YiDxeIXXL._AA260_.jpg

target.com
I got these in black and in cream they look a lot better on than in the picture and they come up a little higher on me than in the picture I love them.

A lot of girls should consider wearing knee/thigh high socks.
I really find girls wearing them really hot!!!

Interesting to hear a guy's perspective, wasn't sure what they'd think of them, thanks RR.

My guy friends think its hot as well and ask me why it is not fashionable lol.

I think thigh high socks are really hot especially with mini skirts/dresses!!!

I remember I duno maybe 15 years ago my wife was always complaining about being cold in the winter and I complained she dressed like an Eskimo. :lol: I bought her this thick grey boiled wool jumper. It was sleveless, with a round neck, the bottom flaired out slightly and was a bit below mid thigh. I bought her 2 black bodysuits- a turtle neck and a round neck one. I bought her 2 over the knee opeque socks- grey and black and some flat lace up "field" ankle boots. It was an adorable outfit. Not too cute, not too sexy, not to punky, not school girly- not to much anything- just a bit of all... Everytime she wore it she got compliments and everyone said- "Your husband has such good taste. I wish mine was like that." I never told them all were from J Crew- I just bought everything the catalog model had on.:innocent:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks oiselet, the footless thigh highs are very interesting, and look great there.

And thanks juan. It's official, the boys love them, who knew?!:smile:

I don't do the knee-highs often only because I tend to get TOO much attention from the guys, so I tend to do it with a longer skirt. Thigh-highs, on the other hand, are too much trouble to get a pair that fits me right, and they are much trickier to pull off.

I wore them a couple of days ago again when it was a little colder, paired with a long henley, cardigan and those studded Gucci gladiator sandals. It was waaay too fashion forward for the people around me at my workplace (they're all jeans-and-a-tee types) but my mom even liked it, so that does say something :wink:

I didn't know guys liked them either, I should wear them more often! :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikishuki
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->