Labyrinth Starring David Bowie and Jennifer Connelly

Nonesuch

Reaction score
Does anyone else here love Labyrinth? I checked and couldn't find a thread on it, so figured I'd start one. I know a lot of people saw it as kids and remember it fondly - I was a teen when I first saw it and fell in love with it instantly. The costumes are really spectacular, though I will concede they're about as 1980s as it gets!

Last edited by a moderator:
i loved this movie. when i saw it as a child i was really attracted to David Bowie..i loved that line "just let me rule you...":P

the junk woman gave me the creeps.

i loved this movie. when i saw it as a child i was really attracted to David Bowie..i loved that line "just let me rule you...":P

the junk woman gave me the creeps.

David Bowie is incredibly attractive in Labyrinth (and in general) - he really shouldn't be, but he is. It's a mix of the look and the performance - Bowie's line delivery is fantastic!

the other scene that freaked me out is when jennifer connolly's character falls down the hole with all the hands.

hellonostradamus.tumblr.com​

Classic film - definitely think it inspired Bowie's Louis Vuitton ads with Arizona Muse. The movie is much more fantastical but they share a common thread.

Labyrinth must be one of my favorite movies. It's quite silly in some ways actually, but I still love its naivity and of course the visual aspects. Not to mention David Bowie who's the reason why I watched it first place. :wink:

Classic film - definitely think it inspired Bowie's Louis Vuitton ads with Arizona Muse. The movie is much more fantastical but they share a common thread.

I put together a comparison between shots from the ad and shots from Labyrinth - it really has to be deliberate, since the ad copies Labyrinth shot-for-shot at certain points.

Labyrinth must be one of my favorite movies. It's quite silly in some ways actually, but I still love its naivity and of course the visual aspects. Not to mention David Bowie who's the reason why I watched it first place. :wink:

Labyrinth's weird in that it combines scenes of extreme silliness (a muddy pool that farts!) with scenes that have a very dark subtext (38-year-old David Bowie seducing 14-year-old Jennifer Connelly). It makes the film very uneven at parts, but I like it - it keeps it unpredictable.

Last edited by a moderator:
This movie was such a formative piece of media for me, I must have watched it once a week as a kid. :lol: It's still one of my favorites.

I saw it the other day for the very first time. I don't know why, I wish I would see it as a kid, I mean I'm 1 year younger than the movie.

David Bowie is fantastic, and Jennifer Connelly so young and pretty. Absolutely loved it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xvtvi
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->