Lanvin F/W 2002.03 Paris

:woot: :woot: What a great thing to stumble into this morning!!!! Beautiful! :heart: :heart:

The only word I can use to describe this "sublime" and I don't even know what it means :lol:

Lena--I know--I wonder if he became very concerned with commercial interests? Recent collections seem progressively more & more safe. I did check for a thread on this and didn't find anything, although it would surprise me if it was deleted!

You're welcome, luxmode :heart:

I love it. I thought the sequin/fur embroidery was something that I was hoping to do first, except more fur and less sequins. It's a super luxurious collection and Ive never seen the repulsive kitten heel look so attractive.

cerfas said:
Lena--I know--I wonder if he became very concerned with commercial interests? Recent collections seem progressively more & more safe. I did check for a thread on this and didn't find anything, although it would surprise me if it was deleted!

cerfas, i absolutely agree on Elbaz getting much 'safer' following this debut Lanvin collection, but see, it was this 'premiere' that brought him all the success he enjoys right now.. i was head over heels with this collection.
Of course he must return to the 2002 creativity levels if he plans to stay on top for longer.. (are you reading this Alber?) ^_^

as for the thread being deleted, we had a big time clear up of the forums a year ago, all 2002 collections and some from 2003 had to go to leave us space for the forums.. but that was before Andy brought tFS.. it was too hard to delete some threads that are just being revived now by our new members :wink: thanks for bringing the topic back :flower:

You're welcome, Lena. :heart:
Fingers crossed that he will innovate, create, and excite again.

i also agree w/ those who said it was his one of this best if not best. it seems very stimulated..his recent collections are great because the clothes seem steamlined..when he took the dresses and tried to work very minimally w/out seams and gathered in the back..but another moment of greatness. i just have to sum it up by saying i would love to see his drawings...he's got a very finely detailed sensitive eye which he's able to translate into actual garments

Yes, actually travolta brings up a great point
How easy is it to get a look at designers' drawings? I have no idea..

Being in Lanvin mood today and revisiting the old collections threads, I'm pretty amazed how gorgeous and wonderfully relevant it still it :heart:

^ Sure is! This was Alber's first collection for Lanvin and surely one of his bests. I still love a lot of what Ortiz did before him though.

Thank you, YohjiAddict! never seen this in such a good quality. He really just made it look so easy and refined.. I remember how everyone started doing ballerina flats after this was shown and they went on to become a staple in every woman's closet for the rest of that decade. I wish I could find some of these dresses.. they really don't age, and the women who were already adults at this time and with the means to acquire these pieces, hats off.. :heart:

Having Delfine open his first collection and in such a powerful look.. sighs.. back when the openers were no gimmicks but a promise of what designers were committed to deliver.

the fact that this is more modern and relevant than 90% of the crap out there today is astounding. what a damn legend.

I can never pull myself away from this collection. And a gorgeous runway soundtrack too.

This first collection up to F/W 2004, Alber embodied this primitive playfulness. The fraying, simplicity in layers, square cuts that go beyond 1920s and into the realm of sensual fur and felted fetishistic loincloths. But then it is so clean and direct without it being austere; somehow he managed to bring so much warmth with his touch. Those three suited looks are just sex on legs as well.

He is greatly missed :blackheart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
molly07
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->