Lanvin - The Campaign Archive

iluvjeisa

clever ain't wise
Reaction score
Edited from wikipedia:

wikipedia said:
Jeanne Lanvin (b. Jeanne-Marie Lanvin, Paris, January 1, 1867–d. Paris, July 6, 1946), French fashion designer
Lanvin became known for her mother-and-daughter outfits and exquisite robes de style, as well as her modern and global approach to the fashion industry.

Jeanne Lanvin made such beautiful clothes for her daughter, an opera singer, that they began to attract the attention of a number of wealthy people who requested copies for their own daughters. Soon, Lanvin was making dresses for their mothers, and some of the most famous names in Europe were included in the clientele of her new boutique on the rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré, Paris. 1909, Lavin joined the Syndicat de la Couture, which marked her formal status as a couturière.

When Lanvin died in 1946, ownership of the firm was ceded to daughter Marie-Blanche, who shared management of the firm from 1942 with a cousin and then a fashion-industry expert. Because she was childless when she died in 1958, the ownership of the House of Lanvin went to a cousin, Yves Lanvin. The company has shuttled from here and there, beginning in March 1989 when Britain's Midland Bank bought a stake in the company from the family. The bank brought in Léon Bressler to revamp the firm's faded image. However, February 1990, Midland backed out and sold Lanvin to Orcofi, the French holding company led by the Vuitton family. From Orcofi, 50% of the House of Lanvin was acquired by L'Oréal in 1994, 66% in 1995 and 100% in 1996. Under L'Oréal's far-too-diverse umbrella, an array of CEOs who circulate within the French fashion industry directed the company.

August 2001, Lanvin, the oldest fashion house still in operation, was taken private again by investor group Harmonie S.A., headed by Mrs. Shaw-Lan Wang, a Taiwanese media magnate. And, October 2001, Alber Elbaz was appointed the Lanvin artistic director for all activities, including interiors, and he has conducted his responsibilites in a highly personal, hands-on manner. 2006, he introduced new packaging for the fashion house, featuring a forget-me-not flower color, Lanvin's favorite shade which she purportedly saw in a Fra Angelico fresco. (Suzy Menkes, 2005.)

Perfume ad from 1973 published in Vogue Paris. (my scan)

Attachments

• vogue_paris_may_1973_lanvin.jpg
    vogue_paris_may_1973_lanvin.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 35
Last edited by a moderator:
what abot the new 2006 ad campaigns?

Attachments

• 1152714507.jpg
    1152714507.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 926
f/w 2004...model & photographer unknown...
my scans...

2zs5imb.jpg

2ljl4it.jpg

Great thread, I'm an addict to Lanvin. :flower:

[credit:ma-collection-de-pubs.com]

I'm sorry I don't know the seasons.

From the same source. I like the paintings.

Lanvin as a brand, and the campaigns, has such a special feel to it. I can't describe it at all, and I guess that's part of the fascination :blush:

Autumn/Winter 1990 - linda evangelista
photographer - paolo roversi on polaroid
source: lindadrive (photos #1-5) and levangelista.net (photo #6)

:flower:

Attachments

• lanvin1.jpg
    lanvin1.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 40
  • lanvin2.jpg
    lanvin2.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 36
  • lanvin3.jpg
    lanvin3.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 35
  • lanvin4.jpg
    lanvin4.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 28
  • lanvin5.jpg
    lanvin5.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 45
  • lanvin6.jpg
    lanvin6.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 32
i'm looking for ss06 ads with these shoes on them
*edited--image not working*

i think the model (wide eyes and a long ponytail) was wearing a LBD
thanks

Oh .. thanks Spike ... I had to look twice when I saw those images ... Im still undecided whether I like the pics or not

I wonder what the next campaign will look like...The S/S collection was so different from the usual style of the house of Lanvin.

The first ads that I called my favourite. SS 05 Lanvin by Roversi.

lanvin_ss2005_lily-donaldson_002.png

lanvin_ss2005_lily-donaldson_001.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muk5
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->