Limi Feu

thanks tourist- I think you're right. I remembered the 'blu' part, but then I saw this store in the mall called Blu that carried all kinds of ed hardy type crap so I was confused! Cielo Blu was a really great store with a helpful owner. I wish I could have got one of Limi's pieces!

I finally got this :woot: :heart:

2833470974_7c95c228a8_o.jpg

wow, great find inaya!! i'd imagine it looks even better on the body *hint hint*

stripes galore...how long is it? inaya, its a lovely piece on the hanger but I'm with tourist, would love to see what you will wear it with.

thanks so much, I can't wait to start wearing it :heart: I just got it yesterday and tried it on briefly. it is SO long but can easily be bunched up at the waist. the sleeves are so different in length and I adore the open shoulder! :shock: it's also so soft and comfortable.

for length reference... it is about knee length on the longest side, and about 5" shorter on the other side and I am about 5'6" :flower:

i;m with everyone else...pictures please..:judge:

here's a black silk chiffon limi top i got recently...
it's pleated at the top so that part is covered...
but the middle part is completely sheer...
not sure if i will wear it like that or with a tank top under...
we'll see...

* you can sort of tell in the second photo...

:P

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    300.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    234.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 3
Great purchases! LOVE that striped top! I'm heading to Japan in a few weeks so I hope to pick up at least one piece from Limi!

softgrey, very pretty and interesting top, I especially like the longer length, the and the layers of silk. it might also be kind of neat to wear a thin tee under it with a silk screen of some sort that you like.

some of the stockists for F/W 08

【Y's Belgium Bvba】 NATIONALESTRAAT32 ANTWERPEN TEL:+3232132178

【SOLIS】 6 QUAI JULES COURMONT FRANCE TEL: +33 472409327

【PREMIERE】 4 RUE DES FOSSES FRANCE TEL:+33 477 337899

【1ERE AVENUE】 6 RUE MILLET FRANCE TEL:+33 476172346

【MARIANNE CAT】 53 RUE GRIGNAN FRANCE TEL:0491550525

【CACHE】 BLVD PATRIARH EVTIMIY, 86 BULGARIA TEL:+35928514586

【LIBERTY】 REGENT ST. LONDON TEL: +44 0 2077341234

【CHEGINI】 KOLMARKT 7 AUSTRIA TEL:+4315332058

【LOOQ】 WEINBERGERSTRASSE 95 ZURICH SWITZERLAND TEL (41) 43 233 53 37

【HORST WANSCHURA GMBH】 KRONPRINZSTRASSE 28 GERMANY TEL:+49 711 296720

【10 CORSO COMO】 CORSO COMO 10 MILAN ITALY TEL:+39 02 654831

【LUNA E L'ALTRA】 P.ZZA PASQUINO 76 ROMA ITALY TEL:+39 06 68804995

Last edited by a moderator:
I found an interview with Yohji in Prestige Hong Kong and there is an interesting part regarding Limi:

Your daughter has made a name for herself as a designer. She jokingly told us that the worst and best thing about fashion is you. What role does she play in your life?
She might be angry at me for saying this, but I have to be very honest [chuckles]. At the end of junior high school, she became very naughty . . . very naughty. She was part of a group, a bad group. She was painting and drawing on the fence of the school, applying bad vocabulary. She did almost everything the school didn't like. So I got a phone call from her grandfather. We had been living separately for 10 years, and her grandfather told me, "Yohji, why don't you come over here. We cannot manage her. She is uncontrollable." So I went to her school and I apologised to the teachers, because I wanted the school to write a paper that she graduated, at least from junior high school. When we opened the door to the teacher's office, on the other side of the school building, all the windows were open, and so many girls started shouting, "Yohji! Yohji-san! I like your collection! I love you!" And I replied, "No, no, this is not the right time." . . . And I brought her over to Tokyo, and we lived together for five years, just the two of us. She didn't want to go to high school.

She wanted to design?
Not in the beginning. I always used to bring her along when I came to Paris. Then she started looking at the famous designer fashion shows. Maybe she was 16 or 17 years old. She saw the masterpieces. It was the beginning of the '80s, when fashion had its strongest moments. So she saw some great shows. Then she started asking me, "Father, can I go to fashion school?" and I said "Yes, you can go." [Smiles]

She told us she doesn't want to take over your business. And you've said you're concerned that her collections might not be commercial enough.
Mine also! I have never done mainstream fashion - from the beginning. I was always against it. When I was asked by an American journalist, "Yohji, do you think you are successful?" I answered, "What do you mean by success? Money? If you say money, I am not successful. But, for example, influence, imagination or presence, in that meaning I am comfortably successful, I would say."

Source: http://www.prestigehk.com/content/jun08issue/coverstory/fashion2.html

She seems so quiet and sweet in that style.com video that I can't imagine her as a juvenile delinquent!

I think it makes so much sense she was inappropriately defiant. its a bit like rage against the machine when you're young and want to be on the other side, you're craving for a way to express your frustration and the confines of "static" education doesnt always offer that avenue for creative people. it shows in her style that much of her background was graffiti and large canvas'. I love how this fits in with her clothing and her models.

thank you love!! :heart: and to make things better, it was such a steal.. only around $200! :D

does anyone have the Limi trainers from the fall 08 season? I saw them and liked them quite a bit, very tomboyish. a suede chuck taylor with a kilty.

^ Those are really cool. I was seriously considering them, but in the end the kiltie killed it for me. :ninja: I really loved the double row of laces (kind of reminiscent of this season's Demeulemeester boots).

You can make them out (just barely!) in this pic:
00210m.jpg

style.com

i actually like the kiltie...:lol:

but I guess it could be a bit much with the double laces. Where did you see them miss lucky?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmozale
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->