Set Design: kevin Ma & Leung Wu
Floral Arrangement: Sanyu Studio
Ph: Lei Tan Tan
Stylist: Yang Ting
Hair: Wong Li Yuan
Makeup: He Lei

Interviewer: Xia Yan

*rough translation*

The New Year is approaching, and Liu Wen is sitting relaxedly in the sunniest place of her home and tells us the story of her house from scratch.

Hello everyone, I’m Liu Wen. Welcome to my home. This house has been mine for three years. It’s an honor to share my home with Elle Deco 20th anniversary. Hope you like it.

Because modeling is my profession, I’ve been living in my suitcase for a long time. Different hotels, different trips. I don’t have too many concepts about houses. I’m actually slowly looking for what kind of home I want to have.

I’ve always wanted to have a home with plants because I like nature. To let myself have a whole forest in my life. Sometimes I’ll get up in the morning and wipe the dust off with a wet towel. I think this feeling will make me feel that life is very beautiful.

My character is black and white, very simple. It may look very neutral but at home I hope it’s rich and colorful. In this house there are many encounters. It may be the colors, a combination of abstract pieces, or a different material. It has new things and old things. Old things make this house warmer. And new things can make you more energetic. In my house it’s all these types of water-based stone. It has a kind of coldness. Therefore, I use a lot of round things such as this ancient furniture.

I like sustainable things that can make it long-lasting. I have a blanket at home and we’d put clothes, socks, and bags that are from spring season to winter and reassemble them. When you see it, you will feel the warmth. I am a very sentimental person. So I also hope that I can leave more interesting things in this home and still enjoy even when alone.

I always feel comfortable when I sleep on a high bed. And I like the sense of ritual. When I get on the bed, I hope I can jump on it. The bed is the most memorable thing on my travels. My favorite is actually the sofa area, because it doesn’t have a tea table. Sometimes we sit and just lie on the carpet.

This house has been renovated for three years. I think this process is like playing a game and decorating in the process of getting along with yourself. I can’t imagine if I will still like this house after 20 years. But now I’m full of passion and love for this house.

[Self-reflection] I think Liu Wen is still busy working, at a fast pace, high frequency, and constant traveling. But when she comes home she is still very quiet, comfortable and relaxed. She can be herself in this space.

weibo.com

Nobody asked… but revising her itinerary workload.

All green is released.

Was allegedly in Paris during SS24 London fashion week for a project = editorial/cover or something else

London shoot = Vogue UK editorial

Was in Paris in November = campaign?

Thailand in December with Slavycz = Tory Burch

Hainan trip = Wallpaper China cover/editorial

Possible shoots during fashion week = Prada campaign

Fendi campaign
was shot when? (Think prior Balenciaga LA…) = MEISEL

Erdos/Dazzle expected

Elle Deco shot at her Beijing home = thanks Bottega for being subtle

Was in Lanzarote, Spain prior couture week = editorial/cover shoot likely

We have yet to see the Paris project that took place in November. Spain’s trip is intriguing. Both sound promising.

Heard a couple names being VC’s March cover star so it’s not Liu. She can’t be on Vogue China for the next few months anyway (unless Wallpaper is excluded).

instagrams: bitton, danmartensen, georgesperos and mertalas | weibo.com

Erdos SS24
Director: Lu Hao
Ph: Trunk Xu
Hair: Bon Zhang
Makeup: He Lei

erdos.cn | weibo.com

Think she’ll slow down a notch this FW24 season, not a whole lot of shows is my prediction (hope that won’t be the case though).

NYC seems quiet not sure if she'll repeat her shows or skip… possibly FROW somewhere. Looking most forward if she shows up at LdSS (clearly quite a fan of Wen). Europe she’ll do fine.

Anyway, soon will be a full year of her runway comeback. ^^

amiparis.com | facebook/amiparis | instagram/amiparis | sonnyphotos.com | theimpression.com
credits to original owners via xiaohongshu.com & weibo.com

Just saw Society’s show package and she’s not included. Could mean she’ll skip NYC entirely.

Well when she’s not partaking NYC fashion week, she’s usually having quality time (addition to CNY). And looks like it, she deserves a break.

instagrams: 10magazine, debbiew.u, emilyeanae, hommegirls, karlamartinezdesalas,
kristenvbateman, lcchan, liddlepaawlat, misskarenelson, proenzaschouler, rdw_photo, thepopmag, voguemagazine
adamkatzsinding.com | dazeddigital.com | sonnyphotos.com
credits to original owners via weibo.com

instagrams: annwehrenpants, aytenkerim.li, beauteousmax, bethbuccini, coo.sti, dazedkorea, debbiew.u, declanchan,
elysze, evagriavel, hiamag, ignatjeva, jamorr, juliaperryh, kcdworldwide, maddierwang, maxlizifeng, michaelkors,
pakkee, piergiorgio, randishotgun, societyscouts, thepopmag, thewritestefan, wheresrere

instagrams: annadellorusso, hashtag_legend, legainsbourg,
linazhanglina, prada, tatlerhongkong, thepopmag, tonysdiary, tosephjang, wmagchina
tiktok/prada | credits to original owners via weibo.com

Preview of her new Elle China cover + Questionnaire

*roughly translated*

“The dragon is glowing with good fortune”

ELLE: In your hometown, are there any special customs for animal year?

Liu Wen:
Actually, I didn’t know much about celebrating the Year of the Dragon when I was a child. It was only after I came to Beijing to work that I heard from my friends that one should wear red clothes or wear a red bracelet during the Year of the Dragon. However, due to the requirements of the modeling profession, it was not convenient to wear a red bracelet or waist rope. So I plan to find a red phone case to bring myself good luck.

How will you celebrate your birthday?

I celebrated my birthday at home last year. My parents prepared a birthday cake for me, also wrapped a small red envelope and cooked a bowl of longevity noodles. Although it is very simple, it is very ritualistic. I don’t know if I can go home to celebrate my birthday this year, but if time permits, I will go home to celebrate my birthday - you will always be a child who never grows up in front of your parents.

What is the first thing that reminds you of the image of “dragon”?

It is the only imaginary image among the twelve zodiac signs. The dragon represents human wisdom and is also a state of vigorous development, which makes people feel positive and full of vitality.

If you were to give yourself some good wishes for the new year, what would be the first thing that comes to your mind?

Good health, peace and joy to everyone.

What kind of gift will you give yourself in the new year?

I rarely buy gifts for myself. I am a casual person, and the gift does not necessarily have to be expensive, but it needs to be something that you really like, maybe give yourself a trip. I am very grateful that work allows us to have many beautiful things, and we choose to live a simpler life. Also, I hope that the green plants at home can be lush and green, full of expectation and happiness.

If there is a holiday in the new year and you want to take yourself on a trip, where will you choose?

My working hours are relatively flexible. Sometimes I take advantage of the breaks between work to relax. I really like the natural scenery of mountains and canyons and gurgling streams. I feel relaxed and comfortable in nature. But if it were a trip of my own, without work, I would like to go to Antarctica. I have been to the Arctic before and recently watched a documentary. The documentary said that penguins only love one person in their life. I want to see penguins and feel the majestic snow-capped mountains. Feel its charm in the most beautiful and powerful nature.

weibo.com

instagrams: cristine_sun, ilaria.colombo, kullawit, lofficielhommesitalia, matthewmwilliams,
minruir, molly_chiang, numero_netherlands, ppure, sonnyphotos, theczarisalive_mua, thepopmag, voguearabia, yuyuzhangzou, wwd
adamkatzsinding.com | theimpression.com

instagrams: andreasgrill, carineroitfeld, danielvdg, demnagram, dustmagazine, grazia.sg, heconghc,
hugocmpn, kullawit, lofficielhommesitalia, minruir, patmcgrathreal, piergiorgio, tianweizhang, voguemagzine, voguetaiwan
theimpression.com | vogue.com | vogue.fr | voguebusiness.com

instagrams: amaquashie, annadellorusso, annarvitiello, carineroitfeld, chanel.beauty, chanelofficial,
daciexchao, georgefountas, jellison22, kevinalonsoce, kullawit, loewe, matches, nicolecoullier, paulaferprado,
patmcgrathreal, susiebubble, tianweizhang, vmagazine, voguemagazine, voguerunway, wmagchina, wwd

instagrams: 10magazine, alwaysjudging, audreyhuaudrey, bielparklee carineroitfeld,
chrisvidaltenomaa, ferdinandoverderi, kate_kraaijeveld, legainsbourg, miumiu,
patmcgrathreal, russhmagazine, schiaparelli, susiebubble, thepopmag, yoyokulala
lesfacons.com | styledumonde.com

I8H7HDU.jpeg

credits to original owner via weibo.com

instagrams: anawoza, bielparklee, faye_tsui, patmcgrathreal, tsangtastic, yoyokulala,
sonnyphotos.com | theimpression.com | wwd.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julovw
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->