Looking For Some Really Warm Boots,

Spring_Fever

Reaction score
I'm trying to help a friend, she has a condition called Raynaud's that causes her to lose circulation in my extremities when I get cold. This is very, very painful. She's looking to find a pair of reasonably attractive boots that will keep her warm in the winter. She lives in Kingston, ON and Ottawa, ON, so these boots have to be good until -40 below or even colder.

She is looking to spend no more than $150 USD or $200 Canadian.

She is considering a pair of Emus or Uggs. Which is better for warmth? She says she is hesitant to buy a pair of either due to their fad factor.

Feel free to link.

Thanks!

Sadly, the only WARM boots I can think of are Uggs... Many find those fashionable.. while I don't.. But I'll suggest them! :flower:

sorry if the above post is confusing, I copied it from another forum where she posted this topic and nobody seemed to have an answer. I thought, I know, I'll ask the experts.

She is considering uggs, but is worried they will go out soon. Are they still in style?

I told her that I have Dr. Martens which are warm but I don't know if they are warm enough for her.

I wore them all last year and never felt a chill, and I live in a very cold place.

Does anyone know of anything a little prettier than uggs? She doesn't seem to like them all that much from what I hear.

i know these aren't exactly the prettiest boots but i always use them when i'm on ski vacation. they are really, really warm and extremely comfortable ...

1024265.jpg

I think she's more concerned with warmth than fashion and those aren't so bad really, kind of cute in an outdoorsy way. Do you have a name or a link? I'll pass it on.

they're Sorel boots. The model is called Caribou I think :wink: good luck finding them :flower:

I suggest getting a pair of boots half a size larger and putting on thick (wool)ski socks....(sold in any sports store I think)

Originally posted by Spring_Fever@Sep 16 2004, 06:40 AM
I'm trying to help a friend, she has a condition called Raynaud's that causes her to lose circulation in my extremities when I get cold. This is very, very painful.
[snapback]368981[/snapback]​
My friend has this as well. Awful to look at when it's at its worst. :ninja:

Isn't sheepskin in any form supposed to do its best to combat the effects? I suppose whichever boots contain the most...

It's a medical reason, so I don't think she should worry about whether they're popular or not.

Spring Fever.. I wear my Doc Marten's in the winter all the time...

I :heart: them

Originally posted by strawberry daiquiri@Sep 16 2004, 02:22 PM
My friend has this as well. Awful to look at when it's at its worst. :ninja:

Isn't sheepskin in any form supposed to do its best to combat the effects? I suppose whichever boots contain the most...

It's a medical reason, so I don't think she should worry about whether they're popular or not.
[snapback]369466[/snapback]​

She should still be able to find a pair of warm boots, even for medical reasons.. Just picture yourself in her boots and toes (literally)... Oh don't mind my boots, I wear them for "medical" reasons.... Yikes..

Poor girl, I hope she finds something warm and funky!!!

Kingston eh...does she go to Queens then? I'm in Kingston right now! Sorry no suggestions other than some Sorel's maybe?!

I saw some perfect ones in the vogue UK 'The gorgeous shoe guide' (well i think they're perfect) they're actually by timberland, knee high, they lace up at the front, they're beige suede with sheepskin lining and £100. Unfortunately i can't find a picture online :( When i can get to the scanner i'll scan the piccy in!

omg...posting your own website once is more than ENOUGH...!!! :angry:

cut it out already...we get the message ...you are a shoe salesman...whatever...geez.... :rolleyes:

i don't think pissing people off is good for business...

do you?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?..................

:ninja: :doh:

Ottawa winters SUCK lol. So dang cold. Many moons ago used to travel to Queens from Western to visit my BF. I will never enter Ottawa in Feb again. The cold was unbearable lol.
I'm glad you posted this topic because I was just about to ask for reccs on warm, but stylish boots. I have a pair of Von Dutch (EEEK!) Uggs that I got from my mum at Christmas, and still haven't worn them yet. I'll wear then this winter, but need something else a little more my speed.
I was about to go with these Marc Jacobs $180 USD- they look warm and are water proof
p10591748_ph_althero_Red.jpg
p10591748_ph_althero_Blue.jpg

BUT I saw these Pucci's $160.00 USD and think they look funky. I'm still searching for other options, but so far I like these best. Only problem although the sole is rubber, they are not waterproof.
F4X3028_mn.jpg
c3_1.JPG
NMX3574_mn.jpg

I think Uggs will be the best to keep her warm. And despite of, they're still fashion....

Originally posted by softgrey@Sep 21 2004, 09:16 PM
omg...posting your own website once is more than ENOUGH...!!! :angry:

cut it out already...we get the message ...you are a shoe salesman...whatever...geez.... :rolleyes:

i don't think pissing people off is good for business...

do you?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?..................

:ninja: :doh:
[snapback]372064[/snapback]​

wha? i don't understand...

Originally posted by dr.shoegal@Sep 26 2004, 10:55 PM
wha? i don't understand...
[snapback]376802[/snapback]​

I don't understand either..... i feel like it's aimed at me cause it's under my post, but i was talking about boots from timberland featured in vogue and i'm a 17 year old student and definately not a shoe sales person...

^^ Lylac... don't worry... I believe the message softie was referring to has been deleted... so it's not you :winkiss:

^^ Lylac... don't worry... I believe the message softie was referring to has been deleted... so it's not you :winkiss:

softgrey was speaking to a spammer who was posting his/her shoe site in every shoe-related thread. The admin deleted the post so it makes softgrey's seem confusing since the post she was responding to is now gone.

Personally I'd choose uggs. I will wear mine forever and may god have mercy on the soul who tries to suggest I'm behind on trends, because I've worn them for years and they're just a great winter boot. There are so many fleece-lined boots out there this winter though that don't look like uggs. I'd look around on various shoe sites like zappos and whatapair.com and ebay to get a feel for what is out there.

I also agree with the suggestion of buying boots a half size or full size larger and getting some really great thick socks that are meant to seal in warmth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CREATIVERESEARCH
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->