Louis-Vuitton-Icones-The-Essential-Travel-Kit-Day-and-Night.jpg

Louis-Vuitton-Icones-The-Perfect-Parka-Day-and-Night.jpg

Louis-Vuitton-Icones-The-Leather-Tregging-Day-and-Night.jpg

Louis-Vuitton-Icones-The-Indispensable-Perfecto-Day-and-Night.jpg

Louis-Vuitton-Icones-The-True-Fit-5-Pockets-Jeans-Day-and-Night.jpg

Louis-Vuitton-Icones-The-Must-Have-Cardigan-Day-and-Night.jpg

Making of Video

vogue.de / avancemag.com

what. is Vuitton trying to gain a foothold in the clothing sector now? cause for years they gave off that vibe that the clothes are just mere accessories to the actual accessories.

OMG I love this collection, the animal print, the trench coats, mon monogram bags... delightful and lovely :D
BTW Louis vuitton has renovated its web page, Check out... :wink:

I think they are trying to capitalize on their best sellers. According to the press release the seven pieces from this capsule collection have become classics and are part of the permanent ready to wear line for years now.

"An icon is universal. Speaking a language all its own, it is instantly understood at the four corners of the globe. An icon is timeless. Just as it crosses continents, so too it travels through time. While it may on occasion nod to passing trends, it enjoys the luxury of a longer vision.

An icon is versatile. Dressed up or down, it is the perfect companion for all seasons, all occasions, all situations. An icon is individual. Though its own style is immutable, it effortlessly adapts to every personality. Which is why, worn by different women, an icon will never look the same.

Louis Vuitton introduces a collection that revisits tradition to refine the rules of modern dressing. Seven perfect pieces, flawlessly crafted from the finest fabrics, subtly signed and exquisitely detailed. In short, the LV ABC of style…"

via avancemag.com

I'm sorry but... What's the point of this? Good for her -I guess- if she made some cash out of it but her drawings don't bring anything to this boring project.

Is it weird that I prefer the illustrations than the original clothing? :innocent:

I'm sorry but... What's the point of this? Good for her -I guess- if she made some cash out of it but her drawings don't bring anything to this boring project.
I don't know why but when I first read about it I was under the impression that she designed the collection but after I found out she just did drawings I was baffled as to what the point was. Good for her to have a talent in sketching but that fact alone isn't very noteworthy and definitely not enough to sell this pedestrian collection.

this basically IS a collection of overpriced basics. the only piece i'd say 'Okay' to would be the Perfecto, goes it looks good and the zipable sleeves are neat.

but Vuitton isn't the first brand i think of when i feel like i need a trenchcoat (Burberry), cashmere cardigan (Loro Piana), sweatsuit (uhm... Juicy lol) or jeans (take your pic of ALL the premium denim brands).

maybe this'll be a hit in Russia and Asia?

...the seven pieces from this capsule collection have become classics and are part of the permanent ready to wear line for years now.

My first thought - Louis Vuitton is trying to convince us that they have a heritage in ready-to-wear, and these are the pieces that you must only get from Vuitton - as you must only get a tweed suit from Chanel.

Though it's quite beyond me why they have chosen the 'leather tregging' as an LV staple.. are these the leftover garments that other brands haven't claimed yet? The strangeness of this collection of clothing makes it look that way.

There's nothing that says LV in this collection. Look more like something I'd walk right past in the women's section at Target. It's fine, but just not what I would have expected from LV.

And the sketches are not even that good. I've seen way better.

Very boring looks, is like a bad H&M. Also, i don't know whats the big deal with G. Dore sketches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seeress
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->