Loulou de la Falaise

i love this thread.

loulou is crazy chic and really makes you think twice about today's style "icons." her and yves have such a warm quality about them.

Latest news from vogue:

http://www.vogue.co.uk/vogue_daily/story/story.asp?stid=37115&date=&sid=#

and the title from wwd:

Published: Monday, July 24, 2006

De la Falaise's 'Fantasies' Line
By Katya Foreman
PARIS — Loulou de la Falaise is bringing her eye and French style to a diffusion jewelry line.

The ready-to-wear and accessories designer is to unveil her new wallet-friendly label, Loulou de la Falaise Fantasies, at Paris' Bijorhca accessories trade fair, running Sept. 1 to 4.

I think I'll need to plan a trip to Paris in early Sept. :wink:

new:

Loulou Hits a Home Run
De la Falaise to show decor

Friday, January 26, 2007

(PARIS) Keeping in line with her attention to detail and eye for color, Loulou de la Falaise is turning her attention to home decor. At the Scènes d’Intérieur section of the Maison & Objets salon trade show this weekend, she will debut her accessories for the home, which include jewelry pots and boxes with secret compartments, underplates to highlight orchids, boxes to tidy away pencils, and a round and a square photograph frame. Inspired by visits to the latest exhibitions in Paris, recent trips, and her own flower-filled country garden, the collection is made primarily of of lacquered wood with panels of cracked eggshells. In addition, de la Falaise has fashioned a small collection of makeup bags and lingerie pouches out of her favorite fabrics, which will also be made into two-tone throws.
fashionweekdaily.com

I went to her boutique in Rue de Cambon, I loved her stuff & the atmosphere ..if you miss the true spirit of Yves .. visit her boutique.

Ah, those famous Helmut Newton portraits...sassy!:D

PHOTO ONE: american-buddha.com

REST: temple.edu

Attachments

• ahelnew175.jpg
    ahelnew175.jpg
    261.4 KB · Views: 31
  • portraits4.jpg
    portraits4.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 30
  • portraits5.jpg
    portraits5.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 17
OH my gosh, I just finished reading The Beautiful Fall: Lagerfeld, Saint Lauren and excess in 1970s Paris. (something like that) It talks about Loulou sooo much!! You really should all read the book. Its by Alicia Drake.

Current photo of Loulou (screen capture from loulou-de-la-falaise.com)

Attachments

• Picture 7.png
    Picture 7.png
    303.8 KB · Views: 17
glad to see her again in the fashion scene, thanks tylw.
i wonder why she doesn't attend Pilati shows along with Petty , Catherine & Pierre?

^what happened to her website? is she no longer designing jewelry collections?

some old ones from style.com

00430m.jpg

00200m.jpg

00120m.jpg

00360m.jpg

54f.jpg

00280f.jpg

from WWD ...

Loulou de la Falaise Line Heads to HSN

12Flulu1.jpg

12Flulu3.jpg

A beaded necklace by Loulou de la Falaise for HSN.

12Flulu2.jpg

Handbags by Loulou de la Falaise for HSN.

Published: Tuesday, February 12, 2008
By Caroline Tell
Loulou de la Falaise is going from muse to mass.

The designer, best known for inspiring the work of Yves Saint Laurent, will introduce her first collection of costume jewelry and fashion accessories Feb. 26 on the Home Shopping Network.

"I've always liked doing things that are affordable," Falaise said. "I like both ends of the business a lot. They're very different points of view and when you've worked a lot in high luxury, you long to do things that are accessible for a wider market. This is the way I have found to do it. It was proposed to me, I thought a lot about it and decided to go ahead with it."

De la Falaise was one of Saint Laurent's closest collaborators starting when she joined the house in 1972. She created jewelry for his haute couture and ready-to-wear collections, and upon his retirement 30 years later, launched her own label in 2003. Her eponymous line, which includes rtw and accessories, sells exclusively at her flagship boutique in Paris at 21 Rue Cambon.

De la Falaise designed a collection of fine jewelry for Oscar de la Renta's fall show.

The Loulou de la Falaise collection for HSN, inspired by the pieces from her Paris store, includes bangles for $25 up to a beaded amethyst necklace for $79. Her jewelry features pearls, silk, wood and horns and her bags are woven out of soft leathers.

De la Falaise's collaboration with HSN is an example of how the multimedia retail channel is expanding into more fashion-forward categories. Most recently, the network was a partner with supermodel Iman on an accessories collection.

"If you sit back and think about our strategy in the overall HSN brand, as well as in the fashion category, it's been about exciting new discoveries and new elements of style," said Mindy Grossman, chief executive officer of IAC Retailing, which owns HSN. "We're bringing things to a broader audience that had previously only been available to select viewers, and elevating icons of style, which I think is so fantastic. In our type of medium, we are as much an entertainment storyteller as a retailer."

De la Falaise's launch is part of HSN's second "Spring Fashion Week" series, airing on the channel Feb. 23 to 29. Over the course of six nights, nine new fashion collections from top designers will make their debuts on HSN, including handbags by B2E by Bracher Emden, Charm & Luck handbags by Jenny Sequia, Vince Camuto footwear and Donald J Pliner accessories.

De la Falaise's collections for HSN will appear seasonally, with her next set for April.

"The idea of doing something that would go all over America was very inspirational and great fun," de la Falaise said. "I'm appealing to a younger audience and also a broader audience."
WWD

Loulou de la Falaise Klossowski

I was shocked to find no thread for YSL's muse in this forum! Please merge if my search results were incorrect, but I assure you, it was not poor grammar on my part. :flower:

Info:
Born Louise Vava Lucia Henriette de la Falaise, she is the daughter of Count Alain de la Falaise, a French writer and translator , and his first wife, the former Maxime Birley, a noted fashionista of the Fifties[2], then a cookbook author [3] and a newspaper columnist. [4]Her maternal grandfather was the portrait painter Sir Oswald Birley, and her uncle Mark Birley (1930-2007).
She has a brother, Alexis de la Falaise, an interior designer, who appeared in the Andy Warhol film Tub Girls; Alexis has two children, both models. His daughter, Lucie de la Falaise, also a model and actress, is married to Marlon Richards, the son of Rolling Stone Keith Richards and Anita Pallenberg. A nephew Daniel is also a model.
La Falaise's first husband was Desmond FitzGerald, the 29th Knight of Glin; they had no children together. After their divorce, she married the artist Thadée Klossowski, a son of the painter Balthus.
Henri de la Falaise (1898-1972), a French marquis, film director, and third husband of actress Gloria Swanson was her uncle. Her relationship to the French Olympic gold medallist in fencing Georges de la Falaise (Comte Georges de la Falaise) (1870-1910) is not clear.
00140m.jpg

00430m.jpg

00200m.jpg

00120m.jpg

00360m.jpg

On Valentine's Day, Loulou de la Falaise, a close friend of Yves Saint Laurent and his muse for nearly 30 years, opened her own two-floor boutique at 7 rue de Bourgogne. The house is built on her reputation as one of the great luxury-accessory designers, having worked for all those years as a main team member on Saint Laurent's couture and ready-to-wear collections.

“My dream has always been to have an English house in the heart of beautiful Paris,” says de la Falaise, who started her fashion career as a model for Vogue and went on to design wonderful prints for Halston in New York.
Partly inspired by her love of travel, the store features two huge gold and gossamer Chinese dragons in the street-level windows, standing guard over the wealth of exotic wonders inside: beautiful handbags with straps made from ceramic stones, braided on colorful cord; de la Falaise's beloved tambourin, a leather bag of red and marigold on a silk braided cord that can wrap around the waist or be slung over a shoulder; and the pièce de résistance, a small handbag appliquéd with a scene of a lark perched on a branch, warbling its beautiful, inaudible song.
But this is not just an accessories boutique. De la Falaise has stocked every floor with cardigans, chalk-stripe pantsuits and suede miniskirts, as well as one beautiful gauzy kimono-bolero jacket, ablaze with embroidery from the famous Paris firm Francois Lesage—perfect to go over everything from a long white evening column to a bikini.
Everything in the store is cut from the imagination of a woman who knows how to carry olive drab to the highest level of refinement, in a linen jacket or safari pants, as well as the riches of A Thousand and One Nights in beautifully crafted necklaces, some with precious shells from Tahiti, others with stones from India and Africa. Other luxe delights include a great soft, knotted pouch, reversible from metallic gold or copper to the natural suede; bangles carved from African woods; and strings of coral beads with large disks splashed with gold leaf. De la Falaise's black georgette silk shirts with white stars—or halters in the same print—are just right for evenings either easy or grand.
One of the best-dressed women in the world, de la Falaise has taken all the loves of her personal and professional lives and planted them in a shop as vibrant and surprising as a sudden rainbow at the end of a spring shower. —André Leon Talley
100102700.jpg

100102701.jpg

100102702.jpg

100102703.jpg

100102704.jpg

100102705.jpg

100102706.jpg

100102707.jpg

100102708.jpg

100102709.jpg

100102710.jpg

style.com

No problem taz, and thank you for the karma. :flower:

I am curious why this thread is in Designers and Collections instead of Icons from the Past though? Makes more sense...:huh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pappagallo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->