L'Uomo Vogue January 2013 : Gerard Butler by Tom Munro

Fontastic

Reaction score
Previous issues eventually got their own thread, but mods feel free to merge this to the Men's Magazines thread if you feel like.

1zvwdy0.jpg

vogue.it

Gerard Butler on the cover of the January issue of L'Uomo Vogue.

L'Uomo Vogue, January 2013 (n. 437)

Fashion editor Rushka Bergman
Photo by Tom Munro

Above. Tuxedo and shirt: Giorgio Armani

^ Ok, this is one of my pet peeves, nobody says anything when a woman poses no matter how weird and vain it looks but anytime a guy poses, people have to reference the Zoolander movie :judge: I don't even like the cover but I'm tired of that double standard :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
nobody says anything when a woman poses no matter how weird and vain it looks
You think wrong.
Party pooper >:[

Great cover! I haven't cared for a L'Uomo Vogue cover in ages. Love the styling, pose, everything!

He's cute. Very good! You have to let his scowl do the job!!!

I'm with you Morphe: The silly pensive pose is so cliche it's deserving of Zoolander-ridicule. This magazine seems to strive to be the epitome of laziness and the definition of fashion caricatures; what were they thinking to have that pose for the cover-- or even be suggested? (Gerard is an A-Lister...??????) Nevermind the outdated and juvenile graphic design, which seems to be done on Word by a 12-year-old. Drop-shadow...?

Such a shame, because they have access to the top photographers, stylists and designers, and they seem to have a generous budget for shoots, but the final editorial, along with the horrendous art direction completely sabotages all the efforts.

Yuck.

Maximilian S: I think silly poses/editorials with female models are called out all the time: Tyra Banks and her America's Next Top Model = Zoolander.

Editor's letter, table of contents, mastheads:

pdfmagazines.org

'ALL EYES ON YOU'

'THE GIFTED TEN, THE NEXT STARS'

pdfmagazines.org

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lovetolove
Back