M.I.A to Release Own Clothing Line

Ill be another one thatll jump into the Cassette playa bandwagon ... I love her music!

In San Diego and she was wearing one of her new creations.
http://flickr.com/photos/krisbeltran/2456668005/
(thats me on the riser with the supersoaker ^_^)

Also, this was made by her as well; performing at Coachella.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kXjmBJjoVlg

Its going to be very interesting to see what kind of peices get brought to production, I see it being extremely well done and original. Her brother also rips off designer labels and makes shirts that say CHANNEL and GUCHI with the logos attached, really cool.

I cant wait for this! i was a fan of Mayas since she was a artist and i first notest her! oooo i really hope it all isn't horrible but i dont expect it to be just because she seems to keep up with fashions and you know shes not 18 and stupid shes not gonna skrew up her career just to make a few t-shirts.

god. not another musician turned fashion designer. My inner cynic can't take anymore of this artistic cross-over.....

HOW MANY HOW MANY BOYS ARE CRAZY HOW MANY BOYS ARE WRONG?

M.I.A. you crazy girl. and wrong. still love you though!

anyone else thing she should have just done a collaboration with brain litchenberg or nike or something?

its definately
how many no money boys are crazy how many boys are raw... lol
well she was a very successful graphic designer before she turned into a rapper so i guess it can go either way...however the woman is almost 30 and i think its time to let some that go...

^lmfao i knew it sounded off when i would sing it!!!

and i totally forgot about her age... i kind of agree with you on that.

eh.... eh. mia... clothing line? eh. i don't know about this, man!

its definately
how many no money boys are crazy how many boys are raw... lol
well she was a very successful graphic designer before she turned into a rapper so i guess it can go either way...however the woman is almost 30 and i think its time to let some that go...

almost? girls past 30 by a few years now.

and there was a brian lichtenberg collab in the works but it never got past serious discussion. she also turned down adidas who wanted her do something or other, so i doubt nikes are on the horizon.

I'll reserve judgement until I actually see it...because I really love M.I.A...but I haven't got my hopes up

im not a fan but im quite looking forward to seeing this

here are some photos i found on nitrolicious.com

you can get it on mia's website and at opening ceremony. prices start at 65$

Attachments

• mia1.jpg
    mia1.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 1
  • mia2.jpg
    mia2.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 2
  • mia3.jpg
    mia3.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 2
its not bad at all , very late 80s early 90s ...

I think it will be very like Cassette Playa

http://www.cassetteplaya.com/

I really don't like Carries stuff. My friend is her assistant and I find it utterly awful. I imagine that MIA will be making something vaguely urban but will steer clear of the 'new rave' thing, seeing as it's mostly a joke fashion wise.

And Kesh is a bona fide moron.

here are some photos i found on nitrolicious.com

you can get it on mia's website and at opening ceremony. prices start at 65$

I didn't see this before I posted, but it looks like she's taken some really ethnic staple prints and worked them into 80's early 90's style stuff. Interesting.

Yeah.. those are just her promotional shirts, not this 'clothing line'.

.. Oh wait I think you mean the images on the left? Idk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frikandel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->