MAC Marilyn Monroe collection

fashionista-ta

Reaction score
I have searched for and cannot find the big MAC thread, so ... :P

Just wanted to note that this collection is IMO the best limited edition they've done in quite some time. When I got the e-mail from MAC about it, I stopped in Nordstrom to see it ... it wasn't launching till last Thursday, but they took me back and let me see the display and try things, which I so appreciated :heart: I wasn't crazy about the lip products--the lipsticks are matte, which I don't wear, and the glosses have no color--but the rest is really, really great.

They had been doing some preselling, and were already sold out of some products by the time it launched (and they wouldn't presell to me when I saw it because they were already running so low). I got a nail polish, Flaming Rose, which I thought was just a perfect red. Silver Screen eyeshadow, which looks to be a very good silver (one of my favorite colors) with no large flecks to fall in your eyes.

The blushes are very pale--I got Perfect Cheek, which I expect to be great with red lipstick as well as other looks.

They had already sold out of the brow stick, which I didn't realize was part of the regular line, so I just got that instead. The mascara is part of the regular line too.

If you haven't already, check it out :flower:

we are nail twins! :P i also bought flaming rose! my store was sold out of mostly everything except for the nailpolishes...

coincidentally i tried the perfect cheek, but for some reason the color looked a bit muddy on me.

i dont own a brow stick and i'm a bit afraid to use one (too afraid i'll look like elizabeth taylor). how did it look on you? i suppose i wouldnt mind using one. might make me look a bit more polished. :unsure:

^ Isn't it a great color?

I like the brow stick ... I have trouble sometimes with brow hairs sticking out where they shouldn't at the top of the arch. I suppose I could trim them, but ... Once I got a brow a bit too stuck down with the stick, so I used my brow brush, and then it was perfect (or close enough).

I know what you mean about The Perfect Cheek, but that didn't bother me, perhaps because the color is relatively light. Or maybe it has something to do with my coloring ...

I want to try the mascara too, but since it's part of the regular line, just waiting till Mascara Madness next month (buy 2 get 1 free, all brands, at Nordstrom).

It was very funny, they were explaining patiently to me on the phone that the brow stick would be just the same, but 'without Marilyn's picture on it.' I said 'Yes, that's fine' but I was thinking, 'I don't give a damn about Marilyn's picture!' The lip print inside the boxes is pretty cute though ...

i am hoping they are going to restock some of the line. the lipsticks have gotten very good reviews online from some beauty testing blogs i frequent.

and they'd be wise to not piss off their hardcore fans (i think there are a lot of crazy MAC people that buy items from every new release) by letting the line sell out so quickly.

ive also been bleaching my teeth lately in trays that my dentist provided for me, so i dont have to be nervous about bright red lipstick making my teeth look less than white.

^ You might check whether what you want is available on the MAC site ... I had a feeling this was going to be one to watch carefully. I have had good luck on eBay in the past, that's another option, though some people are unwilling to buy makeup there ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LA REGINA
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->