Make do and Mend

Deborah

Reaction score
I didn't know where this should go, its not really a DIY and its not really a customaisation so I started a new thread. Get rid of it if there's somewhere better for my question!
Ok, so I put my cardigan on and theres a hole in it. I love this cardigan, is there any way to save it? I was thinking maybe putting a lace trim around so that the hole can't be seen, what you think?
Heres the hole:
DSCF10673.jpg

P.s sorry the pics not very good, I found it hard! Haha.

do you think its a moth hole?

i think a tailor might be able to fix that for 10-15$. ive heard its quite difficult to do on your own, esp. if you are a novice seamstress.

Diy

Yes, your idea of lace would work fine. Make sure you darn the hole first with embroidery thread or yarn. For another idea darn with yarn the hole then darn other non hole areas for a design. Use multi colors or your favorite colors. Have fun and experiment. If you get into DIY this is a fun online learning site. www.threadbanger.com

J

I didn't know where this should go, its not really a DIY and its not really a customaisation so I started a new thread. Get rid of it if there's somewhere better for my question!
Ok, so I put my cardigan on and theres a hole in it. I love this cardigan, is there any way to save it? I was thinking maybe putting a lace trim around so that the hole can't be seen, what you think?
Heres the hole:
P.s sorry the pics not very good, I found it hard! Haha.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah I don't think its a moth hole, I don't have holes in anything else. And its not really worth professional fixing. Its only a cheapie. I just really like it.

you can dab some clear nailpolish on any loose threads to keep them from fraying more, and then i would try to stitch it up to prevent it from becoming larger. you could do all sorts of fun things too, like adding a fabric applique over it, fabric or lace trim on it, a vintage patch (army, boyscout, girlscout, think lacoste's alligator or the le tigre tiger)

So I bought this blouse after seeing it on Alexa chung, and I have worn it only once,but it now has deodorant stains under the arms. I took it to my dry cleaner as it's 100% silk, but he said there is nothing he can do. :( There is no thread here on stains that i could find, so I thought this one was the closest.

Please ,if anyone can help with ideas for how to get rid of the stains, I'd very much appreciate it. :flower:Otherwise what a waste of $100. :cry:

j-crew-chiffon-trim-silk-blouse-profile.jpg

Perhaps take a look at the stain removers in the supermarket and see if any of those are suitable. Or dab on bleach. Maybe that is too harsh for silk though. Whatever you try make sure you test it on a small area first.

Yes, I think bleach might be too harsh. But I am shopping and googling around. Just thought since we are all clothes junkies around here, someone might be privy to a surefire solution. Thanks for your reply! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcad1947
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->