Make-up in the Movies

Hello,

Can anyone help me ID beyonce`s lipstick that she wear in the deja-vu video?
I really like it . Not only because of the beautiful shade , but the texture is puuuurfect..so sheer and smooth... :wub:

beyonce_dejavu30.jpg

normal_beyonce_dejavu21.jpg

normal_beyonce_dejavu22.jpg

normal_beyonce_dejavu20.jpg

source: http://www.beyoncestar.com

any recs?
note: sorry if it`s not in the right thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know how to achieve Cameron Diaz's makeup look in The Holiday?

theholidaycamerondiazkv2.jpg

me too! i just watched The Holiday tonight and Cameron's makeup was absolutely lovely! i wished she looked like this all the time

IMDB

^ same here! in fact, i cannot wait to buy the stinking movie, so i can analyze her look. lol.

I liked a lot Anne's red lipstick in the movie. I love red lipstick and it looks so good on Anne.
I am also a fan of Monica Bellucci's red lipstick in Malena. :wink: Red lipstick makes her look like a real DIVA. Any woman looks like a DIVA wearing red lipstick. And yes, there's red for everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Beyonce's lips look like MAC Lychee Lux lipglass mixed with MAC Rubia lipstick. That gives you a very sheer wet coral color similar to what she's got on. And if you want just that very sheer texture MAC's Lustre lipsticks have a very similar sheer texture.

Great thread!! I have some articles on this I'll try to dig them up :D

001yz9.jpg

002aa9.jpg

Jaime King in Slackers. i loved it because it was very minimal and natural; very appropriate because she was playing a college student!

Jamie King Online

^ I love it too! That is actually pretty much how I do my makeup everyday. I love the natural look.

OT, but I saw Jaime on a plane years ago when she was still a model and went by James. It was very exciting. My sister actually went up to her and talked with her. :smile:

ok i will maybe not fit in with this, but i find this make up and the person who wears it, really inspirating ^^
AudreyHepburn1.jpg

http://www.problogs.com/UserImages/177/AudreyHepburn1.jpg

and also

coj-%283%29.jpg

http://www.cinematical.com/media/2006/06/coj-(3).jpg

If you ask why i find these simple make ups so inspirational > because it is simple and very suitable, and appropriate. Look on Meryl Streep. She looks so nice here. I dont like seeing older women wearing what they used to when they were 25 or 35 in their 50s or 60s, im sure you know what im talkin about.

Has anybody seen 27 Dresses, with Katherine Heigl? I really enjoyed some of the makeup looks in that movie... the artists really worked the dark shadow well. :heart: I always have a hard time making that look work on me.

It doesn't really look like a lipstick to me.
More like a stain. I think she used some berry coloured lipstick and then gently wiped some off so there's this berry stained look as if she's been eating raspberries.

This endearing role put Kate on the map. Her winning charm and cool rocker chick style have made her very famous! Further enhancing her rock n' roll persona, later that year, Kate married real life rocker, Chris Robinson of the Black Crowes. Unfortunately, they have since broken up.
No matter who she dates, or what role she is playing, Kate has a hippie luxe style all her own. She's not afraid to try new looks and she's got the cute bod to wear anything she wants!
As we all know, achieving the "natural look" is anything but natural. A lot of products go into creating a glowing, perfect complexion. To find out how to recreate Penny Lane's look from Louis Burwell, the film's makeup artist, read more
  • Begin with a light foundation and a brightening concealer. Here Kate is wearing YSL Touche Eclat #2 and it has been carefully yet liberally applied under her eyes and on her lids. Personally, I also love YSL's Perfect Foundation.
  • Set your concealer and foundation with a light dusting of loose ivory powder. Kate has on Lancome Dual Finish Fragrance Free Versatile Powder in Matte Porcelain.
  • On her cheeks, she is wearing RCMA Cheek Color in blush pink. This adds just a bit of natural warmth to pale skin.
  • On Kate's eyes, she has on a natural taupe color such as Bobbi Brown Eye Shadow in Matte Taupe which was applied to her eyes with little dots of color in between her lashes to give her eyes some definition.
  • Louis used Lancome Aquacils Mascara in Brown/Black on her lashes. This is no longer in production, however, try Lancome Difinicils High Definition Mascara in Deep Brown for a similar shade.
  • Lastly, a variety of colors were applied to Kate's lips here, but the main color used was Guava Stain by Clinique. You can also try any number of sheer lip tints too. Party on! (source - bellasugar)

Attachments

• penny.png
    penny.png
    152.1 KB · Views: 2
I can't find a good image of it but I adore Audrey Hepburn's make up in the scene in Breakfast at Tiffany's when she wakes up and has the eye mask on her head. The peachy lips, the corally flushed looking cheeks, the eyeliner...

^ I love that makeup too. I'm pretty sure I have one or 2 screen shots from that saved but I'd have to find one I know the source of to post it on here.

i have always been impressed by the look of bella in the twilight movies. it just looks like she's hardly wearing any and so fresh. it just appeals to me.

makeupbella.png

kstewartfan

2908400735_1163020bf0_large.jpg

weheartit.com

I've recently been inspired beauty wise by the film Marie Antoinette, all the pastels and beautiful shades of colors look great. Yes, of course some of it isn't suitable for everyday wear but I just take bits and pieces from it, plus their are some great natural beauty looks too. ^_^

They used a lot of MUFE in the Twilight movies. She's probably wearing the HD foundation, or maybe the Face & Body foundation...who knows :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DsgnaWW1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->