Make your own hat -DIY book by Eugenia Kim

softgrey

flaunt the imperfection
Reaction score
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, serif][SIZE=+1]Making Headway[/SIZE][/FONT]
pixel.gif
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, serif][SIZE=-1] Sometimes (just sometimes), what counts is not what’s in your head; it’s what’s on your head.
So we asked pixie milliner Eugenia Kim to help us craft our very own hat. She took a page from her new DIY book, Saturday Night Hat: Quick, Easy Hatmaking for the Downtown Girl.
You’ll need:
½ yard fabric
½ yard lining
Scissors
Something to sew with
An iron
1) Print out template and lay it on the fabric; cut out six pieces.
2) Pin two pieces of fabric together; sew them along the side edge with a ½-inch seam.
3) Pin a third piece of fabric and sew together on one edge. Repeat with remaining fabric pieces.

4) Secure a pin at the top point and sew closed in a continuous stitch.
5) Repeat steps using the lining fabric, then turn the finished lining right side out, so you cannot see the seam from the outside.
6) Place the fabric shell over the lining and sew along the bottom edge with a ½-inch seam, leaving unsewn a 2-inch space in the center of one of the panels.

7) Turn the cloche inside out through the 2-inch space; hand tack the space closed.
8) Use an iron to steam the edges flat.
9) Place on head.
Feeling extra crafty? Try your hand at making the candy trim.
Now that’s using your head.

Saturday Night Hat: Quick, Easy Hatmaking for the Downtown Girl is available online at amazon.com. Sample Sale, December 13-16, Wednesday-Friday, 9 a.m.-8 p.m.; Saturday, 11 a.m.-7 p.m., 347 West 36th Street, between Eighth and Ninth Avenues (212-674-1345).

DailyCandy.com

[/SIZE][/FONT]

I keep thinking that hat making is something I should try but never do. I wonder if you extended the base a bit it would make a sunhat....

Thanks for posting:flower:

Has anyone here used the book?
I wonder if the hats will come out beautifully using their instructions

Originally you make a hat with like a wooden 'block'...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stephenandrebecca
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->