Making a blog with all Runway tracks.

You can upload songs (permanently I think) through page makers, such as pages.google.com...

Mp3 blogs have been around for over 3 years now and I don't think a single one has ever been shut down for legal reasons.

For permanent track hosting, I suggest divshare.com
The only catch is you have to sign up (takes a minute). However, your files do not expire and people can download them without restriction. The site also allows for direct streaming of the material on your site.

Another option is sharebee.com
Your files are mirrored on 4 separate hosters but may eventually expire

^ Thanks so much for your help. I'm going to check out those sites. :smile:

Mp3 blogs have been around for over 3 years now and I don't think a single one has ever been shut down for legal reasons.

Record companies seem to be undecided as to whether mp3 blogs are a good or bad thing. There's so many of them and for the ones with low traffic it's not economically worthwhile to prosecute them. The big popular sites get permission to use files or have them leaked directly by the artist or record company.

Most of the sites have a "fair use" defense which is basically that the files are for personal use and won't be used for commercial purposes. Most of them help their case by having the files expire after a couple of weeks and putting a disclaimer on the site.

Like I said before it's a hazy legal area but I think you can get away with it as runway music is a niche interest and you aren't seeking to profit from it.

Agreed, it can be legally hazy, especially when the blog is sharing material that is somewhat obscure or not easily purchased.

I now remember one music blog site that was deleted, although it was done by the host (Opera.com) as the blog was getting a lot of traffic. The owner just moved to Blogger where he is still active.

Anyway, good luck Kushie, keep us updated ^_^

I think best placr to host music and blog at the same time is multiply.com
Lots of passibilities and features!
and you can make a network there between your friends for easier sharing!
Check it

hey kushi how has this project been going!?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Syailendra Aditya
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->