Man About Town Spring/Summer 2010 : Aaron Johnson By Alasdair McLellan

voycik

Reaction score
ManAboutTownSS10ViaTheMalcolmmanabo.jpg

Huw Gwyther (Managing Director of Visual Talent Ltd, the Publishers of Wonderland magazine) is proud to present the new, improved version of bi-annual men’s journal Man About Town. Philip Utz has been appointed as Man About Town’s new Editor-in-Chief. A Paris-based writer and editor, Philip graduated from the Masters in Fashion Journalism course at Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design before serving as European Fashion Correspondent for Talk magazine and editor of VMan. His writing has also appeared in The Evening Standard, Fantastic Man, Harper’s Bazaar, Vogue and V. In addition to his editorship of Man About Town, Philip will be pursuing his activities as Editor-at-Large of Numéro and Numéro Homme. Franck Durand has been appointed as Man About Town’s new Creative Director. A Paris-based art director who founded his creative consultancy Atelier Franck Durand in 2004, Franck is currently the image director of Balmain and Isabel Marant and has played a key part in the successful repositioning of both brands. Franck is also closely involved in the long-term growth strategies of shoe designer Giuseppe Zanotti and French jewellery designer Aurélie Bidermann. His other clients have included Chanel, Céline, Hermès and Louis Vuitton. Visual Talent is particularly excited by the prospect of broadening its reach by splitting its operations between London and Paris, and feels that this will add hugely to Man About Town’s unique cosmopolitan appeal.The first issue overseen by the new Editorial team (Spring/Summer 2010) will be a very special Paris-themed edition, and will be on sale in the UK from March 31st, swiftly followed by the rest of Europe, and the US by mid April.
Image and text via TheMalcolm

I liked Saturday creative direction of this magazine, now with all these new changes... judging by the cover, this looks too much as Fantastic Man (the lettering and the picture cropped), there's nothing improved here... but let's wait...

I like the tag line on the cover, under Pardon My French.

And well, Aaron Johnson's Aaron Johnson, so that's always going to go down well.

wonder if i ever get enough of mr McLellan's work...
but this one is just as beautiful as usual.
can't remember being over-excited with MAT (have always been more of Fantastic Man fan), but it'd be curious to see where they are heading the publication.

I got this today. Seems like another stellar issue though I've only flicked through it so far.

Contents include Isabeli Fontana, Natasha Poly, Clement Chabernaud, Malgosia Bela, Anna Mouglalis, Charlotte Gainsbourg, and Aaron Johnson obviously.

^ I don't like the idea of using so many girls, this used to be MEN's fashion magazine... there are already too many female magazines in the market...
McQueezy, when possible, can you please post a review with the photographers/stylists list? THANKS!

^ I agree, that kinda defeats the purpose, but I have to admit their selection of women (both models and artists) is very good!

Birthday Boy - Clément Chabernaud and Isabeli Fontana by Karim Sadli, styling by Véronique Didry

The Valley Boy - Henry Pays Bernsen by Hedi Slimane

Holy Poly - Natasha Poly by Mario Sorrenti (one nude shot)

Pardon My French - Aaron Johnson by Alisdair McLellan, styling Joe McKenna

Class Act - Charlie France by Willy Vanderperre, styling Joe McKenna

Catting Around - Clément C by Kacper Kasprzyk, styling Way Perry

Smoking Hot - Anna Mouglalis by Inez & Vinoodh

Cry Baby - by Terry Tsiolis, various male models with hair by Didier Malige

An American in Paris - Domiinique Hollington by Karim Sadli, styling Simon Foxton

56, Rue Boissiere - Tristan Knights and Malgosia Bela by Paolo Roversi, styling Jacob K

Also interviews and features on various people, mostly french men, plus art, architecture etc.
Don't worry Pedro, it's definitely a men's magazine, I just mentioned the female models in my first post because they're who I was most familiar with :flower:

^ Thank you so much!
What a great line-up of photographers and stylists completely new to this publication, I was not expecting at all!

the cover shot is beautiful but the layout just ruins the whole thing. too bad.
otherwise i can't wait to see natasha's shot and anna mouglalis's spread, i admire that woman :heart:

low quality preview of Natasha by Sorrenti. It's a shame it's not a full editorial

GetAttachment.jpg

my snap

MAT is my most favourite male fashion magazine. Its content is always amazing.

Thanks for the review, McQueezy. Can't wait to get it...
I don't like the idea of using so many girls, this used to be MEN's fashion magazine...
I think it depends on the type of the editorial. For example, Magda's nude story by Slimane in the previous issue of MAT was totally suitable to mens' magazine.

I think it depends on the type of the editorial. For example, Magda's nude story by Slimane in the previous issue of MAT was totally suitable to mens' magazine.
totally agree with that.
I hope they don't change the magazine too much, I liked it the way it was. So far, I'm not too happy with the phographers line-up

56, Rue Boissiere - Tristan Knights and Malgosia Bela by Paolo Roversi, styling Jacob K
I wonder if they have taken this editorial at the kindergarten situated at this address...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericqn
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->