Marc Jacobs/Marc by Marc Resort 2006

kimair

frozen
Reaction score
from today's wwd:

Resort is traditionally the time to keep the look and the attitude light. But for Marc Jacobs, that doesn't mean abandoning fall's controversial embrace of sobriety. Still, wanting relief from too-frilled and hyper-pretty fashion, he now favors a neutral palette of sedate fabrics worked into highly constructed shapes. At Marc by Marc Jacobs, moments of sobriety share the spotlight with everything from ingenue frills to madcap jauntiness in a witty, ever-expanding range.

marc jacobs

060805_1p.jpg
060805_2p.jpg
060805_3p.jpg

marc by marc

060805_4p.jpg
060805_5p.jpg

Not the best of the season I think, not at all...I think the dress and the last skirt are cute, though.... Thanks for the pics!

in general it has been a VERY boring resort season so far.. shows how 'frozen' the market is at the moment...
sad to say didnt like little i saw from the Mark lines at all ..and i'm not a Mark hater either, to me a good collection is a good collection and this seems far too lifeless

thanks for posting kimair :flower:

*didn't had the heart to do so myslef when i saw this at wwd earlier on :ninja:

I think the first look is quite pretty, but I'm kinda laughing at the rest of it.

the marc by marc is awful...but i do really like that middle dress from the main line.

I like the first 2 dresses . But it looks kind of balenciaga or something.

I love the necklace on the third picture and maybe the layered multicolor skirt, but otherwise it bores me.

The Marc Jacobs pieces have the feeling of Balenciaga, especially that coat and the first look.

Marc by Marc is some crap, as usual, this is the millionth time he has used that collar style (on the vest), I totally hate it.

i like the first top. the black dress is OK, but im sure it would look awful on.

oh my good, what terrible looking shoes....i just hope he doesn't continue this trend.

From what I can see, I like the first pair of shorts.The rest is pretty disappointing though, especially the shoes. He ususally does good shoes, but those are awful.

I'm very impressed. I was thinking about the direction he'd take after his infamous fall show...I guessed that he would continue with more grown-up and sobre looks. I guess, he did. Everything look so easy and more sophsticated. I just hope this will be a turnaround rather than a fetish for him, this attitude fits him better. Also, the designs from his Resort collection seem to chanell Japanese designers very heavily. I love it! :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yohjiyamamotor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->