Marc Jacobs Resort 2009

I'm genuinely surprised that people don't like this. No one at my office cared for it either.

Yeah, there are these really blatant and ugly 80's looks, just awful, but that's become a bit of Marc's signature; designing into taboo fashion don'ts. For all the the Golden Girl-esque (totally dead on comparison) there's a good deal of sex and boldness that for me is really exciting. Those robes, in sleeveless variations, the pants, that bold shoulder on the jackets. It's so seductive and still light and fun.

I like maybe one or two looks so yes, this is mostly a miss for me. It's too much...something, I can't put my finger on it.

80's YSL wannabe indeed. no thanks. this guy has seriously become a joke to me. he we all are bemoaning the fact margiela used some print yet some of us continue to condone and praise the likes of this character. if we all want YSL don't you think,we could all just scour the vintage shops and just find originals? i mean,YSL late 70's and 80's is not that difficult to discover. not paying thousands of dollars for some crap re-hash. and the only marc thing i see in this is in certain elements of the styling.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this is the best Resort collection i have seen, its strong and well executed from clothes to shoes, he nailed it.

I like the follow on from Marc Jacobs SS and there was a slight YSL influence in the last Louis Vuitton collection but I'm not sure if parts of this are cutesy and fun or if it's Marc being deliberately rebellious.

I love his quirkiness. There are definitely some pieces in this collection that are very wearable. Some, not so much.

I feel the Pilati @ YSL vibe too... but I like it! It's a fun collection and when taken apart, it's quite wearable.

this is just unappealing to me, he's become a bit of a parody to himself...it feels to me he's becoming a bit of a "Weird Al", taking others' signatures and put his supposedly comical, quirky and cheeky takes on them. It ends up being contrived and deriative. I agree wholeheartedly with Scott...though I think I might be a bit harsh on him but his clothes are just not exciting anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giuliagiachetti
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->