Marine Serre S/S 2020 Paris

I was underwhelmed last season and I can't say I'm crazy excited about this one either.

It's not bad, it's fine.

She's not quite lived up to the hype that bubbled up around her. But, I guess that's part of the problem with theses prizes and fund awards. They create impossible expectations and extra pressure that young, fledgling designers really do not need.

The pastoral/crochet section (or you could look at it as an homage to Balenciaga SS 2006) is maybe the most interesting to me. She was part of the gritty, streetwear, post-Vetements wave (I think she worked at Balenciaga with Demna) and the sooner she leaves that schtick behind the better.

I love the cast and the attitude!
She is talented because she is skilled and there’s an energy but unfortunately, this feels now and even yesterday.

Indeed, she was part of Demna’s team...I hope she won’t miss the train once the Apocalypse/Chaotic fashion trend is gone.

She is actually very talented imo. I agree with everyone in that she is boxing herself in by being too on trend with the Vetements style of fashion, which is already departing. And I can also see how Vetements started to decline once she left, because it’s clear she had much of the good ideas. Next season I hope for a surprise.

I like the design of this dress imgbox - fast, simple image host

And that black dog is really beautiful lol.

I have to say I really like her and I really like her work. While I liked what I saw initially, it's probably because I liked it when I saw it before.

I will say, the white looks and the crochet represent something new from her and it's really promising and fresh. Hope she'll continue down that road...

Directionless...it feels like random people walking nearby the show.

Hate to agree with you on this only because I'm somewhat of a closet Serre fanboy, but this is very directionless. Imo what we are seeing here isn't necessarily bad, in fact, I really wish she'd build more around the crochet segment. That looked really lovely. Hated the opening Vetements part, and the closing one which reminded me too much of the part of Prada which I loathe.

But overall, there is a solid wardrobe which can be built with these looks, They're just not cohesive as a collection, nor is she making much of a statement. Better luck next time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeje10
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->