Marine Serre Menswear S/S 2024 Paris

It's her worst collection to date, isn't it? Not only is it obvious with all the Gaultier references, but it also feels like a D-list brand from London nobody really cares about. Luckily for her, the crescent moon motif has been relatively popular. However, the rest of this collection is not desirable at all.

She's had such a strange design and quality regression over the years. At the same, with her approach I always did find it hard to figure out where she could go next. Whatever this is, I didn't nor would have expected this but also what else is there for her to do design wise?

Her attempts at doing something other than those Frankenstein dresses are always so sad…(not that those stitched-together eyesores are any good). Those camo pieces seriously look C&A-level quality: cheap material and detailing.

The knits remind me of the seat covers you find on the backseat of sketchy taxis, the ones that make you suspect that you might be murdered and dumped on a highway.

There are some designers who are their best spokespersons (Miuccia is an obvious choice) but Marine, darling, you are not among them.

Her attempts at doing something other than those Frankenstein dresses are always so sad…(not that those stitched-together eyesores are any good). Those camo pieces seriously look C&A-level quality: cheap material and detailing.

The knits remind me of the seat covers you find on the backseat of sketchy taxis, the ones that make you suspect that you might be murdered and dumped on a highway.
To add to that, the opening dress was so poorly fitted, that it's flashing the model's coochie as she walks.
IMG_20230625_172055.jpg
Poor woman.

^ lol that's just her underwear and I'm 100% sure she's aware and totally fine with it.. isn't that Tetyana Taylor?

I had questions going through this horror but then I saw what Marine herself is wearing and.. gotcha. The good ol' 'excel at one thing and take it from there' is good advice for anything but she seems to have gotten it so wrong, like 'do one thing repeatedly even if it's just one lazy print, make sure you're remembered for it and then build the rest from there'. At this point she should've kept churning out that print in the silliest variations (such as.. in the back of a t-shirt) and kept people eternally wondering just how good or bad she is if only she ventured outside of the print and why is she so obsessed to begin with.. it's a print any qualified designer comes up with in a nano second, creates for a season and breezes out of it instead of making it their sole identity. This is only exposing what a hack this label is. It wouldn't even stand as a main act at NYFW.

she looks so fun, vibrant and happy as a person.
it's sad that she's not able to transform these good vibes into her clothes.
She is not.
Trust me…
Won’t get into details but if you believe this than her PR agency is the best in the world.

Back to the fashion, it’s indeed one of her worst collections. There is nothing elevated about it.
Look very crafty and dejà-vu.

She is not.
Trust me…
Won’t get into details but if you believe this than her PR agency is the best in the world.

Back to the fashion, it’s indeed one of her worst collections. There is nothing elevated about it.
Look very crafty and dejà-vu.
thanks ILDH for letting me know!
i really feel being deceived by her....

I like Marine! I like how she open a debate about recycling, most of recycled clothing makes me wanna puke, but not this.. I find it super interesting. I would Def buy some denim, and other pieces too. Dont understand why so much hate... There are way worst brands and collections around. Yay for Hanne Gaby!! ♥️

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alksdnfskfgikwjfne
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->