Max Mara F/W 2018.19 : Kris Grikaite by Steven Meisel

Ivanovaju

Reaction score
Max Mara F/W is Kris Grikaite by Meisel.

ask.fm/yulyashavyrina

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my God, YESSS! :woot: Meisel FINALLY working with Kris!

Looks promising! Max Mara's models always look so young though. Especially when you consider that it's not actually a youth brand. Not the Gigi ones - she looked age appropriate.

Curious to see more. It’s not an incredible shot...I expected more seeing the thread title!

Meisel knows how to bring out the best in models and Kris is one of the most stunning creatures on the planet right now...so this feels a bit of a letdown.

Hopefully there will be some portrait shots in the mix.

Not my favourite MaxMara campaign. I loved the simple campaigns of the last few seasons, very retro.

Still, Kris working with Meisel was my dream. So happy for her and can't wait to see more.

Not my favourite MaxMara campaign. I loved the simple campaigns of the last few seasons, very retro.

I'm with you! This doesn't excite me, upon first look, as much as Meisel's other recent Max Mara have done. I love Meisel's plain studio backgrounds far too much for me to even appreciate the fact Max Mara decided to switch it up this season (guess there is the accessories campaign to come, though).

Very nice, although I'm not mad on Kris. Gorgeous face but lacking in strength, plus she can often look a lot older than her age. I'm intrigued by the backdrop; posters on a street wall or studio concoction?

I was not expecting this. I thought he would never work with her. I hope he shoots her for Prada as well. :angel:

Carine's been leaving nice comments on Kris G's Instagram posts so I guess this was bound to happen.

I love this. Kris looks great and I'm happy the background is not white like in the previous campaigns.

I'm wondering if this is really by Meisel tho.
That wall/bg looks so cheap. I need to see more.

Are we absolutely certain this is an official Max Mara advertising campaign? I've just received the new issue of British Harper's Bazaar and inside there is a new Max Mara campaign with an Asian model in the studio (think it's Fei Fei Sun) which looks more like the previous MM campaigns we've had.

Are we absolutely certain this is an official Max Mara advertising campaign? I've just received the new issue of British Harper's Bazaar and inside there is a new Max Mara campaign with an Asian model in the studio (think it's Fei Fei Sun) which looks more like the previous MM campaigns we've had.

Girl, post a pic and show us !

We were all celebrating that Kris has finally worked with Meisel, but I guess this is not even shot by Meisel after all. :lol: We'll see...

Her agent confirmed that it was shot by Meisel. Maybe Max Mara went Prada and shot multiple campaigns, one on location and one classic studio (or even more).

I'm with you! This doesn't excite me, upon first look, as much as Meisel's other recent Max Mara have done. I love Meisel's plain studio backgrounds far too much for me to even appreciate the fact Max Mara decided to switch it up this season (guess there is the accessories campaign to come, though).

Since Steven left VI/Prada, we saw him shooting campaigns for multiple brands. From that moment I lose some love for him (still my favorite photographer). But I'm in love for his recent series for Loewe and Max Mara. We will know if this is part of his Max Mara series, like Bruce Weber did for LV.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uppmuntra
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->