Megan Puleri

Nothing about her is VS.

what a blunder :doh:

UhRUR9j.jpg

landov via prettyphile on BZ

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like Megan as a model... but I agree... her VS casting seemed totally random and out of place... that aside a major congrats to her for landing it! The casting directors clearly saw something they liked... It'll be interesting to see where it goes from here.

@3:06

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't believe she made it to the show, random, forgettable, and obviously nothing about her screams VS, or even Pink.

She looks like a mix between Gemma and Sophie Ward. It is funny, but i think sh is refreshing for VS.

Thank you for the well wishes for Megan. <3

She is close with Jen King... Explains VSFS. Good luck to her, but if it wasn't for Jen loving her so much she wouldn't be in.

To set the record straight - as Megan's mother I can attest to the fact that Megan nor anyone in Megan's family knew Jen King prior to her being discovered. The reason she got into VSFS is because she casted incredibly well and earned it. The casting directors and her agents at IMG all agree that Megan did a phenomenal job on her first VSFS runway appearance.

Ed himself said that you approached him while he was shopping, and that you requested another meeting with him New York, and that you had met him years prior to that. So she maybe didn't know Jen, but she obviously knows Ed, and has connections afforded to her that other girls didn't.

How This Victoria’s Secret Rookie Went From the Mall to the Catwalk

Few fairy tales are set in Columbus, Ohio, but that’s where Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show rookie Megan Puleri’s begins. On one fateful day in the city’s mall, Puleri’s parents ran into Ed Razek, the chief marketing officer of Victoria’s Secret parent company L Brands and one of the deciding voices in casting models for the annual Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show. Having met him decades earlier at a tennis tournament, they thought they’d try their hand soliciting him for advice for their daughter who dreamed of modeling for the brand.

“I was shopping for a shirt—literally—and this very sweet lady came up to me,” Razek recalls with a laugh. “I try to avoid that sort of thing entirely because I’m approached about it by email, text, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter every day of my life. It’s constant. Selecting models and representing models is an agency’s job and I am not in any way, ever, trying to compete with them, and frankly, I try not to even have an opinion until they’ve vetted them, so honestly I just try to leave it alone.”

So Razek said what he always says to aspiring models—“that she should finish school and go on to college, that no one makes it in the modeling industry, and that it is a very tough field to be in”—but as you might have guessed, the story doesn’t end there. “She walks over and I thought, ‘Oh, maybe you could [be a model].’ I left it at that because there’s a lot of things that are indefinable about successful models. There’s a lot of tall thin pretty girls, there’s a lot of beautiful women in the business, there’s a lot of women aspiring to be in the business, but when I met her I said, ‘You’ve got a chance.’ ”

Seventeen months passed before Puleri’s parents reached back out to Razek about a meeting, giving their daughter more time to build up her experience. The Puleris arrived in Razek’s office in Ohio, and left with recommendations for agencies in New York City. “I bend over backwards to be ruthlessly ethical about this stuff,” Razek explained, noting that while he was going to give them an agency’s contact info, he was in no way going to advocate that Megan be hired or even guarantee a spot working for Victoria’s Secret. Fast-forward a couple months and Megan was signed with IMG. Fast-forward a little more, and she had turned 18 and moved to New York City with her mother.

After what now amounted to several years of anticipation, Puleri finally found herself at the Victoria’s Secret show casting. She attended several callbacks, in which Razek recused himself from giving his opinion, and was ultimately named one of the new models cast in this year’s show. “I was so overwhelmed and elated because this has honestly been everything that I’ve been working for,” Puleri told Vogue.com. “My dream coming into modeling was that one day I might be able to walk in the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show. . . . Growing up, I would see the girls walking and they just looked so happy and confident. My friends and I would have sleepovers to watch the show, and then we’d dress up and practice runway because it was just so inspiring.”

Since being cast in this year’s show, she’s gotten advice from veteran Angels like Candice Swanepoel—“She told me that the first show is the best show, and just to be confident and relax”—but it seems that soon she’ll be the one doling out advice to runway hopefuls. For his part, Razek admits, “I was really happy that she made it, but I was more happy that she made it on her own.”

http://www.vogue.com/13369938/victorias-secret-fashion-show-megan-puleri-interview/

Honestly, which model would not not take advantage of the connections, if they could?

No one is saying she shouldn't have taken advantage of it- more that it's ridiculous to pretend she got in solely on merit, especially when there's evidence that says otherwise and considering her poor performance at the show(imo).

^ She looks like Monika Jagaciak, aka Jac, in those pictures.

I'm starting to like her, she's really good in print.
I saw her Grace Mahary's snapchat and it looked like they were shooting something. I can't wait to see it because the make up looked fabulous :woot:

HOW MEGAN PULERI WENT FROM THE MALL TO THE VICTORIA’S SECRET RUNWAY
Megan Puleri’s ascension to the ranks of Victoria’s Secret is the stuff dreams are made of. From a local mall in her hometown of Columbus, Ohio to the Victoria’s Secret fashion show watched by millions, Megan Puleri’s future is bright. I spoke with her about how it felt being chosen for Victoria’s Secret and what advice veteran model Candice Swanepoel gave her.

Tell us about how you were discovered.

As a teen everyone always commented on my long legs and how I’d be perfect for runway modeling. When I was 14, a neighbor who worked at a local boutique suggested to the owner that she should use me in her stores annual charity runway show. We met, she agreed, and I walked in her show that year and the following three years. After walking in my first show, I signed with a local agency in my hometown of Columbus, Ohio. When I was 16, my parents were at the Easton Shopping Mall in Columbus and my mom recognized Ed Razek, the chief marketing officer of Victoria’s Secret parent company L Brands, who was shopping as well. They approached him for his advice on modeling. He made it very clear that modeling is a challenging career choice and he would discourage his own daughter (if he had one) with similar aspirations. He didn’t like to say no to moms who showed him their daughter’s photographs, but had done so thousands of times. In fact, he never said yes to any. However, upon seeing photographs of me, he said he was impressed and felt I had what it took to go to New York and that he would recommend a meeting be arranged with the top four agencies in New York. Additionally, he wanted to meet me. My parents were blown away and excited! My mom, knowing what an honor this was, waited 17 months to set up that meeting. She wanted me to grow and become a more seasoned model prior to the introduction. Coincidentally, when the time felt right to meet him, I won a local modeling contest where New York Model Management would fly me to New York to possibly sign me. I was so grateful, but before accepting the offer, I wanted to meet with Ed Razek. My parents and I met with him that week. He said upon seeing me walk around the corner he truly felt that I had a chance in New York and upon careful consideration he decided to send me to the biggest and the best agency IMG. I passed my New York Model Management prize to the runner-up. My parents and I promptly met with IMG. They agreed with Ed and they wanted to sign me. I signed with them when I was 17. I turned 18 in May, 2015 and graduated from high school the next month and moved to New York in July.

How did you feel when you landed a coveted spot in the Victoria’s Secret runway show?

I felt so many things. So many emotions. I felt like one of my biggest dreams was coming true, like all of my hard work was paying off. I seriously dreamed about this moment, so many times, just to wake up to my reality. To find out that it was actually happening was insane.

What advice or guidance did you receive before walking in the show?

I received advice and guidance from one of my biggest role models, Candice Swanepoel. Her and I use the same trainer and one day I saw her at the gym and decided to talk to her. She told me her first show was by far her favorite show and to enjoy it because there is nothing like it.

Who’s career do you admire and why?

I admire so many people’s careers. I think that’s why I struggle a bit because I want to do so many different things and follow in so many different people’s footsteps, but I would say I admire Karlie Kloss’s career the most.

What do you hope to get out of your career?

I hope I get to build a platform to then spread the word about causes that I really care for. I want people to listen. I want people to care. I want to change the way people think as much as I can.

If you weren’t modeling what would you be doing?

I would be a photographer first and foremost. I’m not sure if I would do fashion photography or film but I would have a camera in my hand. I hope to build my portfolio as I model and continue to do that once I retire from modeling. I also have considered being an art teacher. I love kids and creativity, so mixing them both together would be ideal. I was touched by my middle school art teacher, she and I still visit and talk. I want to make a positive impact on children like she did for me. It was so important for me to have that relationship while I was growing up.

What would people be surprised to learn about you?

I think people would be surprised to learn that I am an old soul. I’m 18 years old and recently have been living a life full of first impressions. I feel like I come off a lot of different ways to people and very few people really know me. When people who really know me tell me that I am an ‘old soul’ it makes me feel understood.

http://theculturalomnivore.co.uk/2016/01/11/how-megan-puleri-went-from-the-mall-to-the-victorias-secret-runway/?utm_source=instagram&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=meganpuleri:social

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giuliagiachetti
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->