Men and Heels

It's really all about proportion. So if you wear stilettos make sure you wear slim clothing so it doesn't look like you're a big baggy mass tottering around on tiny feet. Try calling your local Dior boutique.

soraya said:
i am totally for it, visually. i think it looks great on men. although i am thinking, why do you want to suffer???
i agree, it is getting big soon.

I dont feel that I suffer as long as they are comfortable why should we suffer. So you would go out with a man in heels then would you, if you are in favour. I'm trying to gauge my new g/f opinion etc

Dego said:
what's the big deal about those?

There nothing special but a start to heeling. I could wear these all day for a week and still think i'm in flats

shambles said:
It's really all about proportion. So if you wear stilettos make sure you wear slim clothing so it doesn't look like you're a big baggy mass tottering around on tiny feet. Try calling your local Dior boutique.

By slim clothing do you mean skinny leg jeans ala dior homme?

Or do you think you could make it work with boot cut jeans and a form fitting top?

Heelman said:
I dont feel that I suffer as long as they are comfortable why should we suffer. So you would go out with a man in heels then would you, if you are in favour. I'm trying to gauge my new g/f opinion etc

yes i would go out with a man who wears heels. if he likes it, if he is comfortable, if it makes him feel good, then he will surely look good in them.
as for the suffering, you are right, if they are well made, and comfortable, maybe you will not... it's just that i can hardly wear high heels myself. :(

kneehighs said:
By slim clothing do you mean skinny leg jeans ala dior homme? Or do you think you could make it work with boot cut jeans and a form fitting top?

I think it would work with the bootcut jeans and formfitting top. That way you have visual balance - smallness on top balanced by smallness on the bottom (heels in my experience tend to make the feet look smaller). Most men don't have hips so slim legged jeans really emphasize a skinny guy's skinniness. And if you wear a skinny top as well, you will just look REALLY skinny all-around. But that could work too. I guess all I'm saying is don't look top-heavy or bottom-heavy; try to keep that balance. I hope that made sense :blink: .

soraya said:
yes i would go out with a man who wears heels. if he likes it, if he is comfortable, if it makes him feel good, then he will surely look good in them.
as for the suffering, you are right, if they are well made, and comfortable, maybe you will not... it's just that i can hardly wear high heels myself. :(

Do you have a man at the moment? Would you come out with me, my favorite boots are on the left in the ava thingy

shambles said:
I think it would work with the bootcut jeans and formfitting top. That way you have visual balance - smallness on top balanced by smallness on the bottom (heels in my experience tend to make the feet look smaller). Most men don't have hips so slim legged jeans really emphasize a skinny guy's skinniness. And if you wear a skinny top as well, you will just look REALLY skinny all-around. But that could work too. I guess all I'm saying is don't look top-heavy or bottom-heavy; try to keep that balance. I hope that made sense :blink: .

Lol, I understand! Your last sentence summed it up, "don't look top-heavy or bottom-heavy; try to keep that balance."

Makes sense to me...thanks for your feedback.

AlexN said:
Here's the picture of Hedi. It's not awful or anything; it just looks "off" to me.

attachment.php

well take a look at the way he's standing, it's no surprise it looks off that's the most awkward pose ever.

Hi Y'all :D
I was in town with friends yesterday where we took in an exhibition at a local gallery, afterwards there was shopping and a meal at a waterfront restaurant.

Here's a pic one of the girls took while we were out and about...

I wearing a soft uncut cord jacket, boot cut jeans and a pair of chocolate suede pointy boots, sporting a 4.5" stiletto heels...
Others may see it differently, but I thought the outfit pulled together and worked rather well.^_^

da4d0491.jpg

I shall post a close up of the boots later today.

jim

Hmmmmm......The link has died so I'll try posting it again .:blink:

smaddensll.jpg

Nader said:
there will be people who point and stare, but they're assholes with no real substance, so ignore them

I hate people who stare too long, it gets under my skin. I guess I need tougher skin! ^_^

Heelman said:
Do you have a man at the moment? Would you come out with me, my favorite boots are on the left in the ava thingy

:D why not? would love to meet you. by the way, i have been to a fashion show few months ago at the RCA, and there was a graduate footwear designer who did stilettos for men as his final project. here are some pics...

Call me conservative, but I just don't think heels look right on men. I mean Hedi's heels already come off as masculine, perhaps styled right on a person who can pull it off with those Dior Homme-ish runway outfits would work...but female stilettos/slingbacks/pumps don't look good on men IMO. I would never wear heels, btw.

:lol: I saw that picture of Hedi the other day, but now that you mention it, that IS a VERY awkward pose...I usually try to pull off slouchy Hedi Slimane stances when I'm waiting for the Subway though, it makes me feel cool and distant B)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guaplord
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->