Men and Heels

Heelman

Reaction score
I have had a fascination for heels since about the age of 8. I have recently told my new girlfriend of this and she has said that if that is the case why don't I wear them. She has said that she is quiet happy for me to wear heels when I am out with her. My questions is, should I, what do you think other people with think, or should I not worry about others veiws and just go for it, especially with the support of my gf. Would appreciate views of both women and men

hedi slimane for dior homme recently launched a new line of heels for men. although, they are quite flashy (some are done in metallic gold), you will probably see them on the streets of london. its not a huge trend yet, but its started.

i am totally for it, visually. i think it looks great on men. although i am thinking, why do you want to suffer???
i agree, it is getting big soon.

Men in Heels

If you are totally for it what sort of heel style should I choose. something safe and sturdy or should I go fall out for a nice high stilltoe. Appreciate your views

Haydn - do you have a web address for this as I would be intrested in looking at their styles of heels for men. Thnaks

^Hope you don't mind...I'm just gonna post the image here to save people a click. I really like the gold and silver ones in theory; they looked cool on the runway, but they seem nearly impossible to truly pull off. There's a picture of Dior Homme designer Hedi Slimane wearing the black ones in the DH thread in Designers & Collections, and I think even he looks silly in them.

dior_homme_heels.jpg

When you wear heels you get a great posture. You're essentially balancing on your toes so you automatically find your "body balance" and it feels really good.

That being said, wearing high heels is not that comfortable for the feet, although it might get less annoying over time. And I have to admit that I find high heels on men a real turn-off.

I guess it's because we as a society tend to view high heels as feminine, something the WEAKER sex wears. "Weaker" because women are still treated as inferior and less important than men, in all sorts of situations. I wish it wasn't so, but still...

To put it bluntly: It's just strange and bizarre when men incorporate feminine attributes because they're cheapening themselves by lowering themselves to female standards. Women who wear mens clothing are strong, sexy, adventurous and rebellious. Drag queens and kings excepted because they're playing a different game as far as this is concerned.

Here's the picture of Hedi. It's not awful or anything; it just looks "off" to me.

attachment.php

they would totally take me to full six feet status but they do seem odd, they do look off on some, especially karl lagerfeld.

Heelman said:
I have had a fascination for heels since about the age of 8. I have recently told my new girlfriend of this and she has said that if that is the case why don't I wear them. She has said that she is quiet happy for me to wear heels when I am out with her. My questions is, should I, what do you think other people with think, or should I not worry about others veiws and just go for it, especially with the support of my gf. Would appreciate views of both women and men

Your girlfriend is amazing :heart: I say go for it. People will stare, but try it once and see if you can handle the public scrutiny. But what kinda heels do you like, I'm sure they dont have to be 4" spiked stilettos :P I think some 4" boots would be hot, like the ones the guys wear on the runway recently.

tott said:
To put it bluntly: It's just strange and bizarre when men incorporate feminine attributes because they're cheapening themselves by lowering themselves to female standards.

Do you mean this the way it sounds? :shock:

Somebody has to do it in order for the sexes to eventually become equal.

there will be people who point and stare, but they're assholes with no real substance, so ignore them

your girlfriend seems very supporting, hold onto her!

tott said:
To put it bluntly: It's just strange and bizarre when men incorporate feminine attributes because they're cheapening themselves by lowering themselves to female standards.

It takes an awful lot to get me fired up Tott, but you have done it in spades so I shall do my uttermost keep my reply polite and short..:angry:

"What a monumental load of bigoted horse crap!"

jim

seraphelle said:
Do you mean this the way it sounds? :shock:

Somebody has to do it in order for the sexes to eventually become equal.

I was excaggerating to make a point... :ninja:

jim said:
It takes an awful lot to get me fired up Tott, but you have done it in spades so I shall do my uttermost keep my reply polite and short..:angry:

"What a monumental load of bigoted horse crap!"

jim

I don't really care if men wear heels or not. I was speaking in generals mostly and used drastic wording to make a point. Please don't waste energy on anger here. :flower:

Unless you're in full drag, I don't see how it could work. I mean a t-shirt, jeans and stilettos? Or a business suit and stilettos? Call me traditional but I'm not really feeling it.

lots of women wear stills and jeans, don't they so would that look be wrong for me or should i stay with chunkier heels.

Where can I buy the Dior Homme boots. in London any one have any clues please

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->