Men In Skirts

I personally wear a fair few kilts and kilt like skirts. I think the issue that arises is knowing the kind of cut that flatters and the higher waist and squarer cut of a kilt is one that flatters a more triangular/broader form. Even though I'm pretty lean, I've got wide shoulders so I can wear it with a nice shirt, or even a casual t or turtle neck for work so the silhouette ends up being pretty balanced on me. I generally go with a heavier boot/shoe with this to occupy more leg and to flatter my calves a little more. There's a lot of shin on display (very hairy shins at that) and I can't get away with the usual shoes I wear with shorty shorts/work cut offs or my jeans. Mind you, confidence is a big part of wearing a skirt as part of your wardrobe. You gotta commit to it, you can't half **** it nor can you just add it on as a cute thing to do for fun.

But rarely most men are unaware of a lot of this, hell most of them still can't figure out a cut of suit or pants that flatters them when dressing themselves...

Of course I'm always subject to a lot of unprovoked hate because it is a "skirt", but then I laugh it off because I think "it's a kilt, a piece of fabric, and really most likely the typical get up of your ancestors you Aussie ex-con bogan wannabe" 😂

I generally go with a heavier boot/shoe with this to occupy more leg and to flatter my calves a little more. There's a lot of shin on display (very hairy shins at that) and I can't get away with the usual shoes I wear with shorty shorts/work cut offs or my jeans. Mind you, confidence is a big part of wearing a skirt as part of your wardrobe. You gotta commit to it, you can't half **** it nor can you just add it on as a cute thing to do for fun.
Same - I tend toward wearing boots, though in the summer will wear sneakers with a more casual tshirt. The boots (often doc-marten like boots) help give me confidence (not an attitude, mind you) even if it's only in my head :P and I'm fully committed, half the time I'm out I'm in jeans, the other half a skirted outfit.

But rarely most men are unaware of a lot of this, hell most of them still can't figure out a cut of suit or pants that flatters them when dressing themselves...
Heh, I'm probably in the suit category you speak of - never really favored them, and wouldn't know where to start. But pants, I do hope I know - I've gotten compliments from work colleagues on my jeans, which is probably an HR no-no where I work, but I thought was kinda nice of them.

Of course I'm always subject to a lot of unprovoked hate because it is a "skirt", but then I laugh it off because I think "it's a kilt, a piece of fabric, and really most likely the typical get up of your ancestors you Aussie ex-con bogan wannabe" 😂
:lol: I'm really fortunate - I've been skirting for 4+ years, haven't gotten any hate, but I am in a liberal area.

I did myself my version of Dior Hommes by Kim Jones
I was very exited to wear a demi skirt really

so I felt happy to have my own skirt
355691500_10162020683144672_3407648419605339380_n.jpg

339094984_606648084847379_5513967374614755758_n.jpg

337085615_164264376480627_7094452370606717508_n.jpg

Oh how cute. I got the Dior version.

I havent worn a kilt-kilt since Dsquared did kilts with knee high laceup boots. That was a look. Kilts only work with knee high boots IMO. A low mens shoe just isnt the right proportion.

Oh how cute. I got the Dior version.

I havent worn a kilt-kilt since Dsquared did kilts with knee high laceup boots. That was a look. Kilts only work with knee high boots IMO. A low mens shoe just isnt the right proportion.
It was interesting the inspiracion from the Bonne Fortune skirt made by Christian Dior
I understand it is called so because the pleats are closed so you need a lot of fabric to do it so the construction of the pattern was interesting I saved those buckles like 20 years because where from a bag and I found its place here in the waist.

I would like to see the details of your original one and the way you wear it, anyway I was tired of wear it an now I wanna a long skirt, anyway I did myself a simple, basic tulle robe inspired by those scandalous transparent dresses from Margiela Artisanal by Galliano but I dont wear witthout nothing underneath but on my daily wardrobe and the feeling was funny and then exquisite. It is hard work tulle.

I cant buy a expensive designer item actually but they inspired me a lot to make my own clothes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DVV
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->