Michelle Branch for Estée Lauder

PradaP

Reaction score
Interesting, I wonder if we'll see her in any ads

Michelle Branch sings for BeautyBank

Estée Lauder Companies (ELC) subsidiary BeautyBank has named Grammy award-winning musician Michelle Branch as the “Guest Creator” for the first season of its color-cosmetics brand, Flirt!, to be launched in October.

The “Guest Creator” is a new publicity concept, which derives from the classical celebrity-endorsement model. It involves inviting personalities from the realm of pop culture to contribute to the design of a new color, cosmetic product, accessory or an entirely new collection. The contracts are signed on a half-year, seasonal basis. The “rotational” nature of the contracts is a “fresh and original approach,” BeautyBank senior vice president, general manager Jane Hudis said in a statement.

Branch has contributed to a nail-polish range, each sku named after a song on her upcoming album, a BeautyBank spokesperson tells Cosmeticnews.com. Four of these nail polishes will have color-complementing lipsticks by Michelle Branch. “The Flirt! line is for everyone 25 and up,” adds the spokesperson.

The BeautyBank spokesperson denied any link between the naming of Ashley Judd to the other BeautyBank brand, American Beauty.

BeautyBank is a subdivision of ELC, which provides branded cosmetics exclusively to US department store Kohl’s, which has recently created its own beauty department. Distribution is to over 250 Kohl’s locations

I thought they were signing Ashley Judd. :cry: Michelle's okay, I guess.

“The Flirt! line is for everyone 25 and up,” adds the spokesperson.

I wish they'd come up with more origional names for their make-up :doh:
" Flirt" is something that attracts 13 year-olds, not people 25 and up :yuk:

And as for Michelle Branch...well, they should have stuck to Ashley Judd, that's all I can say :innocent:

Is Estee Lauder trying to find a new target audience??? It's bizarre to me that they would pick Michelle Branch of all people to market their product. :shock: :wacko:

I am a bit skeptical about the fact of Estee Lauder using Michelle... But I can't wait to see the products they'll come up with ! :woot:

Aw, that's cute. I like her. I don't think she's the most gorgeous person in the world, but she's pretty and seems sweet and cute, and will appeal to the younger crowd, since Estee Lauder doesn't do that much. :smile: I've liked her ever since she came out. :smile: And congrats to her on her marriage, then! :smile:

Originally posted by Misako@Jul 1st, 2004 - 9:38 pm
Aw, that's cute. I like her. I don't think she's the most gorgeous person in the world, but she's pretty and seems sweet and cute, and will appeal to the younger crowd, since Estee Lauder doesn't do that much. :smile: I've liked her ever since she came out. :smile: And congrats to her on her marriage, then! :smile:
Michelle's husband, in case anyone's curious. :smile:

IMG_2546.JPG

OMG. He is 40 years old!. He doesn't look 40. I hope they have a good marriage.

He's cute! She's not a typical rail thin celeb, which is great. I hope she's in the ads.

Is Estee Lauder trying to find a new target audience??? It's bizarre to me that they would pick Michelle Branch of all people to market their product.

That's what I was thinking... :wacko:

Originally posted by ebowleg@Jul 2nd, 2004 - 11:30 am
Is Estee Lauder trying to find a new target audience??? It's bizarre to me that they would pick Michelle Branch of all people to market their product.

me too.

Why are big cosmetic brands using younger celebs?? Britney for Elizabeth Arden and now Michelle Branch....who next? Avril Lavigne ?? :sick: :yuk:

You know, I think it makes sense... sort of. Estee Lauder is probably the only cosmetic company that has NO teen customer base at all. So it makes sense that they would get a teen-appealing celeb like Michelle (though wouldn't a more makeup-y celebrity like Lindsey Lohan make even more sense?) ::shrugs::

Her is the girl herself advertising the cosmetic.
I hate her posture and that top looks bad on her :sick:

Attachments

• 13242933.jpg
    13242933.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 6
Originally posted by vintage_princess@Jul 3rd, 2004 - 9:48 pm
Her is the girl herself advertising the cosmetic.
I hate her posture and that top looks bad on her :sick:
It'd probably look better on her if she HAD good posture. :smile:

Originally posted by StyleTeenie@Jul 3rd, 2004 - 2:16 am
You know, I think it makes sense... sort of. Estee Lauder is probably the only cosmetic company that has NO teen customer base at all.
Actually they do, with Jane

just to clarify things a bit, when I say Estee Lauder here, I don't mean EL the makeup brand but instead EL the Company :smile:

and Michelle is not representing EL makeup but she's representing another one of the company's many brands

Originally posted by vintage_princess+Jul 2nd, 2004 - 6:55 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (vintage_princess @ Jul 2nd, 2004 - 6:55 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ebowleg@Jul 2nd, 2004 - 11:30 am

me too.

Why are big cosmetic brands using younger celebs?? Britney for Elizabeth Arden and now Michelle Branch....who next? Avril Lavigne ?? :sick: :yuk: [/b][/quote]
I don't think Britney and Michelle can be comparerd, except for the age. Please remember that Michelle was chosen by mister Carlos Santana himself to make a duet. This sole argument should be enough to illustrate the difference between Britney and Michelle...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thehousedownboots
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->