Model Casting S/S 2023

LV has been rather uneventful lately.

While I appreciate Nicolas's loyalty to his favorites, some of the regulars are plain boring, i.e. the ones who aren't really doing any relevant work aside from walking his shows. I spotted a couple of fresh faces with potential, but no "wow" moment. The rest didn't even register as new faces at first, just more of the same if you know what I mean.

One thing I did enjoy this season was the unexpected comebacks and special appearances being more understated and seamless for the most part, less stunt casting.

Masha Skokova ... I don't know why she's still there. Fashion is boring, models are boring. There's no more wow factor, besides models from the past who pop up.

I would love to see Kasia Struss again on the runway

Masha Skokova ... I don't know why she's still there. Fashion is boring, models are boring. There's no more wow factor, besides models from the past who pop up.

I would love to see Kasia Struss again on the runway

I don’t think the models now are boring, but they’re granted fewer opportunities than they were less than ten years ago and you can’t even begin to appreciate a model before they’re rendered irrelevant. I checked the models.com records to see who was the top walker ten years ago, but I could only check as far back as F/W14 and the top walker was Manuela Frey with 73 shows; this past season’s top walker was Mika Schneider with 42 shows, which is equivalent to F/W14 39th most in demand runway model.

I remember back then models would earn the bulk of their income from runway modelling, so there is no way models in 2022 earn anywhere near as much as their counterparts would have in 2014. I’m convinced casting directors/brands are collectively so individualistic in their model choices now because it means they won’t have to pay higher rates for established/in-demand models.

Anyway, these are the new models I believe made the biggest impression this season:

Ameziane Chaima
Annemary Aderibigbe
Ava Christian
Bo Exters
Celeste Fitzpatrick
Charlotte Touya
Diane Chiu
Diletta Busin
Enya Davis
Franziska Jetzek
Haylee Stokes
He Zhi
Huijia Chen
Marilou Hanriot
Mixdiary Martinez
Rosanna Ovalles
Sascha Rajasalu
Sophia Lisboa
Yang Ling
Yaniris Silverio

And lastly, special shout-out to Alaato Jazyper and Ida Heiner who both had incredible breakthrough seasons.

Anna Selezneva at Ralph Lauren! Along with Simon Nessman and perhaps Oriol Elcacho if I am correct

Saskia, Mariacarla, Amber Valletta, Karolin Wolter, Malgosia, Julia Nobis, Lineisy, Kiki, Selena, etc at AMI Paris. Sublime!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcad1947
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->