Model Casting S/S 14

The opener truly set the tone. They should've just let Elise open.

Looking at the showlist: who are all these Polish newcomers? They all look alike.

And he should really drop those fillers that nobody else wants. Milana Kruz, Isis Bataglia, Valery Kaufman, Magdalena Langrova, Anmari Botha.... come on now.

Milana Kruz, Isis Bataglia, Valery Kaufman, Magdalena Langrova, Anmari Botha.... come on now.

100% agreed on this one except for Milana, her face is just so strong/cool, and she hasn't been given the opportunity to fully shine just yet. Not sure why he keeps trying with Anmari/Magdalena.

From images on Instagram I noticed at Giambattista Valli

Anna Ewers
Auguste Abeliunaite
Cindy Bruna
Kate Goodling
Kremi Otashliyska
Lera Tribel ?
Magdalena Jasek
Marine Deleeuw
Ophelie Guillermand
Sasha Luss
Xiao Wen Ju

Last edited by a moderator:
Im tired of defending Raf and his choices. I hated his cast, there I said it. Present it on hangers next time Raf, I'm sure they emote more that this showing of faces. Agree bout Hadassa though.

Have to agree with this..
Bland, pale, emotionless face after bland, pale, emotionless face.
Horrible casting save for Ashleigh Good (patriotism), Grace Mahary, Diana M, Sigrid, Sasha Luss, Ming and Elise.
:doh:

I think I might be the only one who quite liked the Dior casting, lack of diversity aside.

I think I might be the only one who quite liked the Dior casting, lack of diversity aside.

I think you might be :wink:
What did you like about it? (just out of interest)

I have to say I like Stella Tennant there.

Dior cast was weak due to the new faces, unexciting, uninspiring. Although, Kasia (opener) and Franciska G were interesting. Milana - yes yes yes - about time she start booking blue chip shows consistently.

I thought the Dior opener was the weakest I've seen in a long time. She looks like she was about to pass out. Completely forgettable.

Just peeped Valli. Now THERE's a good cast. Lera was a standout for me.

I miss all the amazing girls in Dior when Galliano was the designer

I really miss Karlie for Dior, but it will be probably another lifetime when she walks the show again :lol:

Not sold on the Versace cast but lots of them surprise me with their walks. Sasha Luss was phenomenal and she slammed dunk with that ending pose. Wixson playing the sl*tty girl was hilarious but girl has improved so much.

I really miss Karlie for Dior, but it will be probably another lifetime when she walks the show again :lol:

That is one thing I don't miss. And if she walks in another lifetime, that would be too soon.

The HC casting has been pretty standard. A couple stars have popped up in some major shows, but other than that, the newbies have taken over. It's really weird how much different the casts are even from two years ago, let alone five.

A lot of fillers at Chanel... seems like not a lot of models showed up for Couture.

Uhm were the models supposed to dance at Chanel? I mean there was a band there.

YfCBf78.jpg

2w7vTvD.jpg

x58owrG.jpg

graziadaily.co.uk

Last edited by a moderator:
^ that's what I was wondering, a lot of them ended up looking ridiculous, and in some cases a bit crazy.

Alexandre was a really weird mix of girls who are absolutely perfect for the show: Amanda, Grace, Lais, Zuzanna, etc. and then some girls wh just aren't so suited to the show: Ashleigh, Auguste, Kate, Maud, and a few others. The show is just so overtly sexy and powerful and lot of the girls seem to kind of die on the runway.

Vionnet cast was actually my favorite thus far, it wasn't anything amazing but it had girls who fit the vibe of the collection well and it wasn't full of unknown girls.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->