Models Turned Actresses

Urban Stylin

ɐʎ ʎǝɥ
Reaction score
Who used to be a model?
Most actresses started out as models. There are those that were supermodels, others that were successful models whereas others just did modelling as a way to get something on the plate as they waited for the big time. Here we are more interested in the first 2 also some pics of them as models whether in the 50s 60s 80s 2000s, any can do.
Also they must be successful actresses, not Cindy Crawford kind of actresses!LOL

Maybe this thread could use some pictures

Uma Thurman on cover of Vogue UK (Dec 1985) ph. Patrick Demarchelier

14o3akz.jpg

source: vogue.co.uk

Andie McDowell started out as a model. As well as Milla Jovovich, Jessica Stroup, Alicia Silverstone and i'm sure there are loads of others i can't think of atm.

ETA: i think we should keep it general and just say "Actresses that started out as models" instead of famous models, because most of them weren't famous as models.

Last edited by a moderator:
Noot Sear is going to be in the new Twilight movie, New Moon. She´ll play a small role as an evil vampire...

Hey, that was in your post a sec ago, Mchunu<3:P

Andie McDowell started out as a model. As well as Milla Jovovich, Jessica Stroup, Alicia Silverstone and i'm sure there are loads of others i can't think of atm.

ETA: i think we should keep it general and just say "Actresses that started out as models" instead of famous models, because most of them weren't famous as models.

^I agree,
and some are not famous actors now but are acting^_^

Elle Macpherson
Rebecca Romijn

^yup and maybe just "Actors" in general. men and women ^_^ Channing Tatum started out as a model, as well.

Ashton Kutcher
Josh Duhamel

^Hmmmmm,
just noticed that it only said actresses!

But it should say actors and actressesB)

Guys should be included also............

^Mchunu<3 beat me to it again (lol)!!!

What about Carla Bruni?
ETA : Oh wait, she's just singing.

^well i think she still qualifies as an actress. I was about to mention, Cassie, too..the singer who's also an actress.

Mark Wahlberg
Elizabeth Hurley
Molly Sims
Halle Berry

I already knew Andi MacDowell was a model, but i had no idea she was doing this good:

In the early 1980s, MacDowell modeled for Vogue magazine and appeared in ad campaigns for Yves Saint Laurent, Vassarette, Armani perfume, Sabeth-Row, Mink International, Anne Klein and Bill Blass. She worked with such esteemed photographers as Bruce Weber, Richard Avedon, Helmut Newton, Irving Penn and Herb Ritts among others

not sure if it's true..anyone know? as it isn't cited but yea.

Wikipedia

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcad1947
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->