Modern Art inspired silhouettes S/S 06

Kimkhuu

Reaction score
Ok... i really cannot find words to describe this trend.... ..so i have a bunch of pics to support my concept... perhaps someone could help me with the name of this trend.... because i just made that title up... ^_^ I feel this trend is very cute,... basically it is clean lines layered or printed in color blocks on clothing..... ...if my description makes any sense....

And the clothes are supposed to be cut in really clean modern lines....

Last edited by a moderator:
Marc by Marc Jacobs S/S 06
Source: style.com

00550m.jpg
00420m.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I love this. Really do. I've been calling it Bauhaus-inspired, and so has style.com so I can't be all wrong... but perhaps 'modern-art-inspired' would allow more room for error...

Jonathan Saunders does this every season, of course :lol:, so we'll all pretend we didn't see it coming :P:

00020m.jpg

00050m.jpg

00130m.jpg

style.com

hope you don't mind kimkhuu, just changed up the title to make things clearer. :flower:

I think this Jojo & Malou fits the bill, it may be a stretch though:

00180f.jpg

vogue.co.uk

some of it (the primary colors and lines) looks mondrian-y to me (have any of you ever heard the term "mon-drian" used to discribe someone's fashion sense? this isn't necessarily what i think they were referring to, but i can see what you're talking about here kimkhuu). very modern art inspired...sharp, diagonal lines, bright colors...if i were spotting this trend, i might find other things...i'll look for some!

thanks for visualising your concepts with us kim! :heart:

utopia said:
hope you don't mind kimkhuu, just changed up the title to make things clearer. :flower:

that's fine with me dear utopia.... i had a hard time finding a good way of putting this thread in good words.... thanks for clearing it out for me sweetheart! glad you're back...! :heart:

.Fransesca, i've never heard of that word before.....but sounds great! :flower:

kim :flower:

mondrian was an abstract/modern art-y painter..i know you've seen his work before:

mondrian_composition.jpg

faculty.evansville.edu

or were you specifically referring to the slang term i posted (mon-drian)? i haven't heard it used too much, but i liked it too...it seems so mod to me..the whole concept, though this is a bit different.

I think we need a word here that describes the "fluidity" of the actual shapes and a word that describes the actual "color blocks". I think we are used to seeing this color schemes with more constructed looks, but it's hard to place a word to marry the too.
I would say deconstructed modernism, things softening up.

Louis Vuitton, spring 2006 (sorry, guys...:(

capt.dlm13010092020.france_fashion_vuitton_dlm130.jpg
capt.dlm13110092018.france_fashion_vuitton_dlm131.jpg

yahoo.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meineri
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"