Most coveted brands around the world

^^ maybe "americans" is just a bit too general... i know MANY that would rather drive a new car every two years and undergo plastic surgery, and be living in tiny 80m2 apartments... which makes no sense at all!

^^ maybe "americans" is just a bit too general... i know MANY that would rather drive a new car every two years and undergo plastic surgery, and be living in tiny 80m2 apartments... which makes no sense at all!

Yeah but those types of "americans" typically devour designer labels and wouldn't account for the overall lack of interest among the majority of affluent Americans.

all these brands have just one thing in common? THE LOGOS! :doh:

it doesnt say that the survey was done with CLIENTS, jsut random people who may or may not be able to access luxury markets, right?
Calvin is pretty logoless? No?

LV is sure to be the most coveted brand in HK.....and Gucci 2.....
U can see a lot of ppl line up outside the store ......what they buy are the monogram stuffs.........Almost everyone have one..Bags, Wallet...........OMG.

Interesting facts but does it really change the world? Just another self-indulgence to me!!

:heart:

Calvin is pretty logoless? No?
maybe the survey didnt mean calvin klein collection... but this sort of calvin klein...

anything is considered luxury this days...

dmon2.jpg

concreteloop.com

2b_1.JPG

ebay.com

ck04103.jpg

gotobags.com

but it seems as though even the calvin klein jeans divison has been pretty cleaned up at least in america. their underwear waistbands however have gotten bigger.

Here in Australia there isn't a craze for luxury brands compared to other parts of the world.

There aren't any queues to get into the stores and you don't see people shopping there. I've realized that a lot of Asian customers shop in those stores: more than Australians per se.

I guess it's not part of our culture or anything :unsure:

But the most coveted brands are Louis Vuitton, Gucci and Chanel.

We have a Hermes store but I don't think I've EVER seen anyone in there :lol:

I think we have to consider the source on this and not get too surprised at the results. Of course brands with identifiable logos/names would be chosen in a general survey. I'm not surprised at all that Gucci, LV, etc. top the lists in most areas, even though most of us here finds these brands a little blagh. Certainly, if they asked people who worked in fashion or who knew a lot about the industry or followed trends, it would be a very different list. Probably 99.99% of those people surveyed have never even heard of most of the brands we would covet. Say "Yohji Yamamoto" to them and they'll probably think he makes motorcycles and "Alexander McQueen" is perhaps Steve's nephew.

It's sort of like how if you ask book editors what are the most coveted novels, Ulysses might make it to the top. A general survey, though, would probably pick Stephen King or Anne Rice or something that would make most book people cringe. Likewise, ask 25,000 people the best movie ever and "Ferris Bueller" might be high on the list, even though critics might pick "Citizen Kane" or "8 1/2."

so true - karma for you!

I just thought i would mention also that although sales might be quite high for these brands it just means that the target market for luxe sales (ie the type of 'rich' who are looking to dress themselves in top to toe lables) would go for these brands as they have safe clothes in their collections mixed in with the more crazy options. If you showed WHAT these people were actually buying - even in bags etc - it probably wouldnt be cutting edge. But hey, im not going to put these people down, after all they drive the business so that MJ, and J Galliano can bring out creative creations (that most drool over and not many people buy/ can afford) in the collections..

Last edited by a moderator:
In Malaysia, we always go for Louis Vuitton and Gucci ... Dior is quite okay and so does Hermes but personally I love Hermes because Birkins are so enticing :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velaryon
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->