New York or LA?

zettie

Reaction score
So im deciding on a last minute trip that needs to be taken before July. I am having the toughest time deciding where to go...I've been to LA before but never been to New York.....I was also thinking possible a little North of LA...Napa Valley. I cannot decide and wanted to see if anyone had any tips or suggestions to help me male my decision...:rolleyes:

New York is great, but bigger question is what are you looking to do? Just sight see? Actually do things? Another destination that can be great is Montreal, but it is a much smaller city compared to LA and NYC, though the street side cafes in Old Montreal has a European feel to it. You also may want to look and see if their are special activities of festivals going on in the cities or museums.

Likewise, Hawaii is cheap this time. Can't remember EVER when I have seen flights around $360 to Hono-Roo-Roo.

Likewise, Paris is about double than that, but still decent

Real cheap time to travel

Looking to shop, see entertainment, eat,.....im looking to do everything that i possible can and i want to go somewhere where we will have something to do all the time...

Well Napa Valley would be nice, but might be too sleepy, though SF/Napa might work.

New York definitely has everything going... You can also see : http://www.nyc.com/events/

for events. and if you do go to New York, Woodbury Commons is a huge outlet mall that is about an hour and a half outside the city. Probably one of the nicest outlets with stores such as Balenciaga, Dolce, Gucci, Burberry, Prada, and Chanel

In my opinion: New York, hands down! :woot: It's my favorite city in the world, plus, no offense to any LA lovers, but ah, I can't stand all the wanna-be-famous-fake-tan-blond-hair-over-sized-sunglasses-bleached-Hollywood-smile girls (and guys, though it's mainly the girls that get under my skin), who are seemingly everywhere in all the LA and Hollywood areas of CA. :doh: :ninja: Not to say there are none of those types of people in NYC, but I think NYC is much, much more diverse in culture and style and people than LA. But that's really, just my opinion. :wink: :flower:

NYC has great restaurants (many different types), lots of shopping, theaters, museums, bars/clubs, etc. I love this city, so i'm being very biased. Any area of nyc you'll find something

California is a beautiful state to go through, there's actually more to see in places like San Diego, Napa and San Francisco. Los Angeles is very commercialized...

New York because it's such an inspiring place. I love how the city sends off this unexplainable enchanting vibe and the diversity in culture, people and style never fail to enthrall me. And one more thing, NY pretty much has everything! :wink:

thanks for all the help.....so with this help i just bought my plane ticket to NYC!!!....now do yall have any suggestions on where to eat, where to go out, what to see?

^I think there's a thread for that. :flower:

Don't ask me what it's called. :lol: But there's a sort of "What-to-do-in-NYC" thread here.

Neither. What's wrong with Houston? :wink:

Anyhow (all joking aside... maybe), the city I've loved for most of my boyhood has been New York City. I think even my mom wants to go to New York City someday. So if I had to choose between L.A. and N.Y.C., I'd take the city so nice, they named it twice.

i live in NYC and i am so over it..im moving to LA in the fall and i cant wait..so i would say def see both cities but they are such different cities for different types of people.

I'm not knocking L.A. or anything, but the city I'd most love to visit in California is San Francisco. It's not to say that I wouldn't choose New York City over Los Angeles. I'd even want to check out L.A. if I were travelling. Maybe even (speaking as a racing fan) check out Long Beach to see what Long Beach is like when the Long Beach Grand Prix isn't going on. I'd even visit Pasadena (not Pasadena, Texas; though I've been there a few times) to see the Rose Bowl or the Rose Bowl stadium.

So it's really up to you which city you'd like to visit.

Well since you've been to LA, i think its time to head to NY. LA is nothing special, well in my opinion. THey both have different things though.

Visiting the most amazing city in the world or going to LA?
NY and LA are totally differend. For a nice vacation, I would choose LA. Because, I just love the sun and the beach and all the relaxed people there.

Zettie, I hope you have a great time in NY! it's such a big and amazing city! It will be a great experience!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
llamadbrk
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->