Next in Fashion (Netflix)

I feel that last season's contestants was more diverse in terms of point of view?

I don't watch the new season so I only check the contestants' work through social media, but most of them have this very loud & instagram friendly designs / aesthetic, kinda hard to tell them apart individually.

Season 1 certainly had better contestants. I guess they have to do it for the drama, but I wish they would just give them more time. Good design and fast production aren't even remotely synonymous. I think the show would be more enjoyable if they had a little more time to perfect their ideas, and weren't always sending thrown-together or overly simplified sh!t down the runway week after week.

I also don't think it's fair to give some designers sample size models and others plus size models. I get they want diversity and I do think a win-worthy designer should be able to design for different body types/sizes, but let's not pretend it isn't harder to produce a beautiful, tailored garment for a larger, curvier model.

Last edited:
I managed to watch the whole of season two a few weeks back, and was left completely underwhelmed by the contestants and was even slightly disappointed with Gigi Hadid. You knew by the enthusiasm from both Tan France and Gigi who their favourite was from the get-go (and they ultimately won). For me, Alexa Chung was more of a natural and enjoyable fit/watch!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dima77
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->