Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2018

Aside from the parachutes, I really like the wings this year, they're phenomenal. They're creative and beautiful. Very underwhelmed with their use of Shanina and Barbara, you can barely pick them out from the crowd cause their outfits were so ho-hum.

Hopefully the VS team chooses girls with more runway experience next year because... some of the newbies (and Kendall) had horrific walks... especially Lorena.

^Really? I didn't see her walk, but judging from the pics, Lorena looked stunning. I was not much into her first, but she fits VS perfectly.

^Really? I didn't see her walk, but judging from the pics, Lorena looked stunning. I was not much into her first, but she fits VS perfectly.
She was low energy IMO, and you can tell she doesn’t have much runway experience, but she’s gorgeous. Reminds me of the Golden Era days.

She was low energy IMO, and you can tell she doesn’t have much runway experience, but she’s gorgeous. Reminds me of the Golden Era days.

Well they all got to get experience somewhere.

The Mary Katrantzou collection looks quite nice, I like the prints overall.
Will it be sold in stores?
Yes, it will be sold in stores and will be more widely available than the Balmain items last year.

Meh... kind of iffy about that interview... a bit "holier than thou" attitude... like having pregnant models... yes they were but pretty early on.

Also this statement rubs me the wrong way... "2018 runways look a lot different than they did a decade or two ago. They are less white, less young, and not as overwhelmingly thin"

Sure less white and they made a point to do so but the models definitely look younger and thinner now, even though they may be older in age, their appearance still many baby features.

Take Romee who I always think looks like a baby Karolina Kurkova, then someone pointed out Karolina at 22 and Romee at 22.

dznvo2-l-610x610-underwear-bra-panties-lingerie-sandals-runway-model-romee+strijd-victoria+s+secret-victoria+s+secret+model.jpg
Karolina+Kurkova+Victoria+Secret+Fashion+Show+2DbntRdU3qIl.jpg

(wheretoget/zimbio)

Random note, that Romee outfit is one of the best they have done recently, particularly since it could fit in a 2005-2008 segment. Simple and effective.

Wow Karolina was a very old looking 22 year old... if someone in real life looked like that and told me they were 22 I would struggle to believe it.

Some more exclusive show previews:

https://www.google.it/amp/s/pagesix...t-worth-anywhere-near-1m-expert-confirms/amp/

So the fantasy bra isn't even 1 million worth probably. I'm not an expert but it's the first thing I though as well: how can Swarovski that are artificial be 1 million worth, it's not like they're real diamonds or gems.

The outfits were not too bad, some were nice and they were not as messy as last year with all that stuff going on. The MK collaboration was the worst section, also that one downtown was a complete waste of time in my opinion. It's like Pink number 2.
Another thing I couldn't stand was a part of the shoes: they cut the figures of this incredibly stunning girls! For example the ones with the ankle strep in Golden worn by Ming, Shanina and so on.
I think this year there were too many models at the same time again, I saw a video of Taylor's opening and she didn't even have time to take her moment cause Alexina was right behind her. I don't think editing will make up for it, actually I think they could even make it worse. The music sounds bad as well so yeah my expectations are really not high.

How can i watch it? I live in switzerland btw... is it possible for people outside the US to watch the whole show?

How can i watch it? I live in switzerland btw... is it possible for people outside the US to watch the whole show?
If I’m not mistaken, there’s livestreams of the ABC channel online that you can tune into to watch the show on Dec 2nd without cable. If not that, it will be up on YouTube a few days after the show airs.

Last year, the whole show got leaked on YouTube before the show aired on CBS.

The wings are better this year, excluding those psychedelic parachutes on VS x MK section. And, I was kinda underwhelmed by Taylor's opening. It needed oomph to open that kind of show. But, not sure how to do that with The Greatest Showman song played as the opening show

I'll have to wait for the final cut to judge on Taylor's walk but from what I saw in these previews, it was so low energy. I think it partly had to do with thl song choice, too. It was slow and whoever was trying to sing it was just doing a really bad job.

I'll have to wait for the final cut to judge on Taylor's walk but from what I saw in these previews, it was so low energy. I think it partly had to do with thl song choice, too. It was slow and whoever was trying to sing it was just doing a really bad job.
I'm confused as to why they didn't have Keala Settle, the original artist, sing the song, or just scrap the song entirely because either way, it's a bad song choice.

Sure less white and they made a point to do so but the models definitely look younger and thinner now, even though they may be older in age, their appearance still many baby features.
He is delusional. He is panicking because the brand is indeed on a quick downfall and he is trying to protect himself. But everyone above 30 remembers the early days of VS.

I give him the increase in skin diversity - that is indeed a good and much needed improvement! But body wise and age wise? I would laugh if it wasn't so sad. Karen Mulder, Helena Christensen, Stephanie Seymour, Tyra Banks, Laetitia Casta, Frederique van der Wal, Bridget Hall,...

Any of the 90s models would still destroy the runway today but he is in too deep with this trash fest. The PINK collection, the pop singers, the whole circus, it would be tremendously hard to modernize the show without some major changes.

But we are talking about someone that thinks having a 37 years old model walking is fighting ageism and Irina's tiny baby bump is "a pregnant women" achievement, so I don't think he lives in this planet anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.google.it/amp/s/pagesix...t-worth-anywhere-near-1m-expert-confirms/amp/

So the fantasy bra isn't even 1 million worth probably. I'm not an expert but it's the first thing I though as well: how can Swarovski that are artificial be 1 million worth, it's not like they're real diamonds or gems

They're lab created diamonds that were made by Swarovski, so they're real diamonds not crystals. However, according to that article narural diamonds are more expensive than lab created ones. I guess they based their valuation on the price of natural diamonds. They emphasized that these are conflict-free diamonds because they're lab made, but maybe the real reason they went for synthetic over natural was to save money (because as far as I know VS is not doing so well financially).

Wow it really does show in here, too, how ppl get less and less interested in this show every year. I've been member since '08 and active visitor long before I got my membership, and VSFS show thread used to get so long so fast when the first pictures landed.

Got to admit, I have not even watched the whole show in years, but I am still used to follow the outfit pics and especially the conversation here. Well, I do not even wonder, the show is self-repetive and clearly aimed to younger audience these days. All of us over 30 yo seem to miss the old days but they won't be back, and they even can't. Times change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacksonwreath
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->