Nicolas Ghesquière - Designer, Creative Director of Louis Vuitton

kit

Reaction score
What do you think of this :-

http://www.guardian.co.uk/weekend/story/0,,1404852,00.html

Is this the kiss of death , since many here have mentioned BALENCIAGA'S precarious position with GUCCI , and the fact that the clothes sizing for both women and men leaves much to be desired ?

Are the clothes there simply to highlight the accessories ?

( Moderator - please feel free to combine this with any other thread , although the only one I can find is about the availability of the men's line ) .

thanks for the article kit...

ghesquiere really doesn't interest me...and i don't see the 'beautiful' part either...
he's completely inconsistent...

maybe a 'one hit wonder' with the bag being the 'hit single'...

I agree with the inconsistency, up until this spring's line I hadn't been liking his collections since 2002. As he's grown in recognition the designs went from being cutting edge and avant garde to pretentious. I mean, yes he has talent, but for a while he was wasting it.....mabye things will pick up again for Balenciaga.

Spike413 said:
........... mabye things will pick up again for Balenciaga.

With a pair of women's trousers at just under £1000 !!! :blink:

You've got to be kidding !!! :innocent:

I bought a Balenciaga blue nylon top a few weeks back that was reduced from several hundred pounds. It was basically a mac in a nice colour with a nice shape. I would have been majorly p-ssed off if I'd paid full price. I'm guessing the crazy pricing is deliberate...

kit said:
With a pair of women's trousers at just under £1000 !!! :blink:

You've got to be kidding !!! :innocent:
See, obviously I've never been in the boutique....that's a bit nutty!:blink:

kit said:
What do you think of this :-

http://www.guardian.co.uk/weekend/story/0,,1404852,00.html

Is this the kiss of death , since many here have mentioned BALENCIAGA'S precarious position with GUCCI , and the fact that the clothes sizing for both women and men leaves much to be desired ?

Are the clothes there simply to highlight the accessories ?

( Moderator - please feel free to combine this with any other thread , although the only one I can find is about the availability of the men's line ) .

The word "hype" comes to mind

Though I have to admit the collection has been going pretty downhill, and it's been especially perceivable during the S/S 05 show, where every single thing was just wrong, I'll never forget some of the most exceptionnal pieces he've done before.

i liked that article...seemed sort of generic though...like it's been sitting on a shelf somewhere.

I've come to really like Ghesquière, I'd say he's one of the few non-derivative designers working today. You don't often mistake Balenciaga for someone else's work. And I like that he's not afraid to do a 180-degree turn from season to season, although this has admittedly led to some wildly inconsistent collections. As a general rule of thumb, I'd say his winter collections tend to be good, and his summer collections tend to fall anywhere between underwhelming and repulsive (S/S 2005 excepted, I loved it).

mikeijames said:
i liked that article...seemed sort of generic though...like it's been sitting on a shelf somewhere.

As the Gruaniad's usual bum typography is missing, you may well be right...

Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala may 7

celebutopia.net

he is genius, the perfect human being, i am in awe!!!!!!
018m.jpg
style.com

how dashing does he look above!! and Blanchette is absolutely stunning as always... (the neckline on that dress looks a little awkward though :ninja: )

fashionistasista said:
how dashing does he look above!! and Blanchette is absolutely stunning as always... (the neckline on that dress looks a little awkward though :ninja: )

I think that's my only problem with it. It looks like she just got it off the rack or something.:blink:

how does he manage to always have the same amount of 5 o clock shadow in every photo?

^That's strange, I've never noticed it, but you're completely right. With all the success he's been enjoying do you think he has a personal assistant monitor it for him? :PB)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annetbef
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->