Stereo_Flo

Reaction score
New Face with IMG Models :heart:

Height: 175 cm / 5'9"

ZC3XGmm.jpg

imgmodels.com

imgmodels

Last edited by a moderator:
Her full name is Nova Orchid Hagel-Georgeson ... She's the daughter of photographer Tim Georgeson and writer Caia Hagel... originally from Sydney but living in Montreal...

This video was shot in 2014 when she was 15 so she should be about 17 now...

CG ss17 - New York

Scotch & Soda ss17 - New York

Monse ss17 - New York

livingly

Jeremy Scott ss17 - New York

Academy Of Art University ss17 - New York

livingly

shes definitely my new favorite. Shes got a really cool look, and I love that all of her bookings have made sense for her look.

The Spring ’17 Breakout Model We Can’t Get Enough Of
Vogue
OCTOBER 17, 2016

A distinctive coif can make a career. See: Ruth Bell’s blonde buzz or Fernanda Ly’s glassy curtain of cotton-candy pink. We’d humbly wager, though, that Nova Orchid would be earning plenty of attention even without the flaxen baby bangs that are her signature. At 17 years old, the Sydney-born stunner made her major catwalk debut last Fall as an exclusive at Sonia Rykiel . . . and for Spring ’17, having graduated from high school, Orchid walked a roster of shows that was nothing sort of barnstorming. A handful of New York appearances (CG, Jeremy Scott, and Monse) gave way to a veritable boldface landslide in Europe: Chanel, Stella McCartney, Courrèges, Giamba, Marco de Vincenzo, and opening slots at Lemaire and House of Holland. Hell, she’s even enjoyed the @badlydrawnmodels treatment, an industry rite of passage if ever there was one.

Orchid, who has called Paris, Amsterdam, and Montreal home, was scouted at the tender age of 13 right around the time she took the look of her signature, tawny tresses into her own hands: “I cut my hair into #BabyBangs myself when I was 13,” she told Vogue.com in an email. “I’m a big fan of Die Antwoord’s music, so Yolandi [Visser]’s look was a bit of an inspiration then. I was slightly wild with my geometry set scissors and cut them way too short, but I fell in love with the shortness of it all and I’m still sporting the look.” As a face on IMG Models’s development board, Orchid’s is a look that’s been turning plenty of heads. She counts meeting Henry Holland, mastering the choreography for McCartney’s dance party finale, and walking for Karl Lagerfeld as some of her personal highlights from the season. When not modeling, Orchid spends her days longboarding and playing the clarinet . . . but with a breakout season as strong as this one, we’d wager soon her free time will be at a premium.

She's a new favorite of mine too! Love the Yolandi hair and edgy look. Such a unique and gorgeous name as well.

Meet the Muse | Nova Orchid
By Alec Leach
Jun 29, 2016

Next up in our Meet the Muse series is Nova Orchid, a Montreal-based model who’s also spent time in Sydney, Paris and Amsterdam. Nova can be seen in the above shoot sporting garb from the likes of Nike, PUMA x McQ and Ivy Park.

We asked Nova a handful of questions in order to get to know her a little more. See what she had to say below and check out our previous installment with the UK’s Tigerlily Taylor.

How has your style changed over the years?

My mom says I used to get stopped on the streets of Paris as a two-year-old because I insisted on layering French paysanne dresses with Sufi pants and rubber boots, and she’d braid flowers and charms into my hair. My style morphs in and out of moods and variations on this kind of “one world” multicultural aesthetic.

Describe your current style.

Right now I’m thinking a lot about David Bowie’s many personas — purple rain, ex machina — and Patti Smith in Just Kids. I loved her tennis-player-in-mourning outfit.

If you weren’t doing what you are now, where would you work?

At NASA as an astrophysics protégé.

Which Emoji best represents you?

The lightning bolt emoji.

What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received?

Pray to Allah but tie up your camel.

How do you relax?

I like bubble baths with a book, neverending Netflix series with sour snakes and sweet & salty popcorn, bonfires and trips to art galleries and the sea.

What in life are you most grateful for?

Health and love.

If you could wake up tomorrow having gained any one quality or ability, what would it be?

I’d like to be an Earth bender.

What is something you’ve dreamed of doing for a long time, but haven’t yet?

I’m still dreaming of climbing a Baobab tree in Madagascar.

What album do you currently have on repeat?

I’m always a fan of Glenn Gould on the piano. I still listen a lot to Fever Ray and I’m way into Yung Lean.

What is your most treasured item of clothing?

I have a cream-colored short, tight satin skirt with a kinda foamy fishtail that my godmother Jo gave me by Alexander McQueen from Katy England’s wedding party. I love everything about this skirt, its provenance, its history, its spirit, its look and the way it fits.

What is your most treasured possession?

Life. And my iPhone, my heirloom pearls and charm bracelets, my bed and my Baby Bear, the mini teddy that my grandpa Poppy gave me from our trip to colette a few years before he died. These are all things that help me dream and appreciate my place in a long line of people living before and after me.

What is your fondest memory?

I helped deliver my brother Blue in our apartment in Amsterdam very early on a morning in May when I was five. I was so happy that day and I got to wear a crown to school and invite everybody back to eat cake in bed with New Baby Blue.

What skill do you possess that people wouldn’t expect from you?

I’m a clarinetist and a longboarder. I sometimes even longboard with a clarinet. And I love circus, I used to go to circus school.

What could you eat every day and not get tired of?

Salad from the garden in summer at my gran’s, street food in all corners of the world, Japanese mochi, colourful candy, bubble tea and exotic fruit.

highsnobiety

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thehousedownboots
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->