Nude / Pale Lips

Ooh my first post! I've been lurking for years ;o)

I mix some mineral makeup colours and lip balm sometimes and it gives quite an effective, non-drying nude lip.

Question: I have naturally very deep pink lips and when I wear a nude lipstick or gloss the effect is not as bare as I'd like. My ruddy lips always peek through! What should I do? Any suggestions would be appreciated!

^Have you tried using a little concealer or foundation on your lips before applying the colour? I think that would help dampen the natural colour a bit :flower:

Or you could try this, from Mac Pro:

MA1F_128.jpg

A flesh-toned balm that visually neutralizes and erases natural colour from the lip. Shine- and texture-free. Available in a choice of two shades for use on light to medium skin tones.

image | macpro.com

^^ I've always wondered: How can "regular" folk get their hands on MAC Pro items?

^I know that you have to be a 'pro' to order online from the specific website - but I believe you can buy pro items from some stand-alone stores :unsure: I know there's one near me which has them :flower:

Thanks for the tip miu_miu! I have tried to prime with concealer or foundation first but it never lasts. I'm heading to MAC this week to give your idea a go! Fingers crossed! :flower:

would they be available instores? im just opening the link right now.

I think nude lips are incredibly sexy- especially in print/editorial/runway but for just day to day i would recommend a HEALTHY lip, they should look soft and pillowy maybe slightly fresh and moist with the assistance of a balm or sheer gloss.

You pretty much wrote what I was going to say :smile: I agree.

Everyone can go into a MAC Pro store and buy their stuff

Anyway, I looked at the N Collection yesterday for lippies and MSF, wasn't too impressed though (lucky for my wallet...) Maybe I have too many light colors anyway. But the lippies and glosses might be dead on for people with the right skin color

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's my contribution: Mix a pale pinkish lipstick with a bit of concealer stick to create a lovely nude lip colour. Apply clear gloss over this for shine :smile:

^^ That looks like they've used concealer/foundation on the outer corners of the lips and kept the centre as the natural lip colour showing through.

^ i believe it's Promiscuous (at least it said it was when i checked out the collection online based on this pic) but i haven't checked it out in person yet. Promiscuous is supposed to be a shimmery gold-beige. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giuliagiachetti
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->