Overrated Movies

Erin

Iowa Girl Loves Fashion
Reaction score
We have Overrated/Underrated Actors threads... so how about an Overrated Movies thread?

What films that have been praised did you find to be mediocre? Or more simply, which films did you just not appreciate?

The Notebook:rolleyes:
Phantom of the Opera
Anchor man....

That's all I can think of..:innocent:

Sideways:unsure: It was sooooooo boring I wanted to kill myself in the cinema.

Mr and Mrs Smith. Just because you have Brad and Angelina in a movie doesn´t mean it´s going to be good. It sucked.

^^ Yep... the Brangelina movie was sooo boring.

The Matrix

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
About Schmidt- not bad persay... but so BORING.

I was sooo going to start a thread like this!

Sideways- Boring. Paul Giamatti was kind of annoying in it. Had I been a wine connoisseur maybe I would have enjoyed the movie more.

Walk The Line- Not that it was bad, but it was ok. Really boring, IMO. I don't see what all the fuss is about. And I really wanted to like it because Joaquin was in it, but no dice.

Ghost World- It was supposedly supposed to be like Welcome To The Dollhouse, yet all I saw were 2 girls, mean girls who did nothing but follow people around and talk about them.

Brick- Not bad, just overrated. Tug creeped me out, he looked ridiclously strong.

i agree with some of you on :
the notebook
sideways

and i have to add :
the devil wears prada

LOTR trilogy
Walk the Line
Brokeback Mountain
The Memoirs of a Geisha
Lost in Translation (though good)
Elephant
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (everything Depp does these days is over-rated crap, Burton seems to be losing his magic)
A Rebel Without A Cause
Hable Con Ella

... and many, many more.

Basically all the Hollywood films today which are said to be "new classics".

The Virgin Suicides, bored the hell out of me. With that said Josh Hartnett makes any movie he's in overrated since the only emotion he can play is constipated.

I have to agree with Brokeback Mountain, there should of been more sex scenes and then cut off the last half hour.

__neversummer said:
The Virgin Suicides, bored the hell out of me. With that said Josh Hartnett makes any movie he's in overrated since the only emotion he can play is constipated.

:lol:

I like Josh Hartnett, but that made me laugh!

I must say...

Lost in Translation. Was not all that I expected.

I feel, however, that The Notebook wasn't overrated... it was a fantastic romance... we're missing good romance movies these days. :innocent:

LOTR! Tetrible.

By the way, I think there is an thread on this allready.

Mission Impossible .. + I don't like Tom Cruise
Mr. & Mrs. Smith .. VERRY boring! I kept on fast-forwarding throughout the movie
The Notebook .. The book was SO much better, didn't like the movie
The Lord of The Rings

StilettosAddict! said:

Mission Impossible .. + I don't like Tom Cruise
Mr. & Mrs. Smith .. VERRY boring! I kept on fast-forwarding throughout the movie
The Notebook .. The book was SO much better, didn't like the movie
The Lord of The Rings

i agree...
don't forget god damn mother f***ing TITANIC!!!
i hated it!!!:sick: :sick: :sick:

and , by the way, i am cluless how smiths ends...:blink: maybe i fell asleep...:innocent:
then, alexender... i mean, so many handsome guys, and movie still sucks BIG TIME!!!:o

i think that best movies r always underrated!!!

I loved Lord of the Rings ... another rare example of movies being better than the books.

But ... I did not love Princess Bride ... I was unamused by its logical flaws.

m.j. said:
then, alexender... i mean, so many handsome guys, and movie still sucks BIG TIME!!!:o

Oh, how did I forget Alexander!! I still can't believe I wasted my money to buy the dvd! it sucked .. :yuk:

Erin said:
I feel, however, that The Notebook wasn't overrated... it was a fantastic romance... we're missing good romance movies these days. :innocent:

i wholeheartedly agree! we're all missing romance itself, not just romantic movies. :cry: :wub: :blush: :heart:

i think that there should be a thread about underrated movies, not overrated...
cos, many many movies r made, but only a few have some sort of point... or simply that they r not boring...

like many ppl haven't seen Velvet Goldmine, and that movie is like my top 3 movies of all time... music is great,actors r great and we get to see another side of the glam rock... plus,ewan mcgregor and JRM r singing all songs for real, which is a big plus for me... and for those who haven't seen it, well it is a story about glam rock, and how it died... u can recognize bowie's and iggy pop's influence... but it is not a movie for homophobics!!!:innocent:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dima77
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->