Pairing Shoes with Clothes Help Thread

dr.shoegal

Reaction score
Note from Moderator

Hanne said:
This thread takes the shoes as the styling starting point, if you are building a look around other items than your shoes, you're in the wrong place and you need to post here : What to Wear It with? Thread

So after 7 years of university I am finally graduating from medicine. I wanted a really really special pair of shoes to wear. This is my grad dress (one of the 2) that I plan to wear. It's a Betsey Johnson dress. :heart: :heart:

S4W9441_mn.jpg

Please, any suggestions for shoes would be fantastic. So far I've tried the pale pink nude Manolo Sadarby's, but they're the wrong colour. I've also tried the pink Lucite sandel by Louboutin and I got the wrong size from NM (and it was a poorly made shoe).

S4S4273_mn.jpg
post-7-1080251339.jpg

What I initially wanted was the Silver Sadarby Manolos from SATC (like the 2nd pair but silver--you know the ones), but I have not been able to locate a pair (until today--long story)....

Please, any suggestions for shoes would be fantastic (preferrably not black for many many reasons, including the colour of the second dress---champagne pink).... I'm still thinking silver or a perfect pink??? perhaps even gold since it's the "new silver" of the season???

Thank you Thank you :flower: :heart: :flower: :heart: :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
what about the viktor and rolf glittery red ones?

or these...

Attachments

• 6292_index.jpg
    6292_index.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 10
or these

Attachments

• 6404_index.jpg
    6404_index.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 7
or i really like these calvin klein ones.

Attachments

• 100110450.jpg
    100110450.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 6
that dress may look cool with those chanel white leather stiletto pants things but probably not the look you're going for.

Originally posted by loserunit@Apr 29th, 2004 - 6:35 pm
that dress may look cool with those chanel white leather stiletto pants things but probably not the look you're going for.
Not when everyone else is gonna be in a classic long black dress..... lol...

wow, those are some great shoes so far....

Red shoes and that pink dress? not something I would have thought to do. I should have thought of it though since my house has red and pink walls, lol....

there is only one shoe that comes to my mind... for some reason it goes with a lot of outfits ive had in my head.. especially your BJ dress :innocent:

S4W9441_mn.jpg
6767_index.jpg

6246_fr.jpg

close up
6246_index.jpg

"MACY" $575 @ net a porter.com

i think the color combo is as if they were made for eachother... :blush: :heart:

they are almost sold us in case you'd be interested :ninja:

6767_index.jpg

and a bag similar to this :heart: !!!! i would so wear this look. its cute, fresh and trendy :wink:

6065_index.jpg

or something like a little Bottega Veneta clutch :wink:

i found some more

Attachments

• 00180f.jpg
    00180f.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 6
or these.

they're different

Attachments

• 00130f.jpg
    00130f.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 14
You guys are awesome... Soooo many great shoes to choose from.... AHHHHH.... :wub: thanks. :flower:

It's interesting though. Some of those I've thought about.... For example, those pink Prada shoes, the pink Choos... The rest I've actually never seen.... Great, great shoes.

I love that green bag... Who makes it?

ah frick, how do i pick?

Originally posted by dr.shoegal@Apr 30th, 2004 - 3:09 am
You guys are awesome... Soooo many great shoes to choose from.... AHHHHH.... :wub: thanks. :flower:

It's interesting though. Some of those I've thought about.... For example, those pink Prada shoes, the pink Choos... The rest I've actually never seen.... Great, great shoes.

I love that green bag... Who makes it?

ah frick, how do i pick?
its made by DENISE RAZZOUK on netaporter.com :wink:

Originally posted by leyla m.@Apr 29th, 2004 - 3:59 pm
there is only one shoe that comes to my mind... for some reason it goes with a lot of outfits ive had in my head.. especially your BJ dress :innocent:

close up
6246_index.jpg

"MACY" $575 @ net a porter.com

i think the color combo is as if they were made for eachother... :blush: :heart:
:shock: ....Leyla you beat me to it...

I was gonna post that one...and funny, I was gonna post those shoes because I have worn em with that Betsey Johnson dress before....

How creepy...... :wacko:

P.S. Congrats Shoegal! Medicine is such a frustrating, but rewarding career...I am sure you will be sucessful in your medical career of choice. :flower:

I'm planning to go as well, but I need to get my act straight first. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
:heart: I love that dress! :heart:

If I where you i'd where tehse Pierre Hardy's :P :heart:

6563_index.jpg
6567_index.jpg

these are from saksfiftavenue.com..by stuart Weitzman

Attachments

• shoe2.jpg
    shoe2.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 3

Users who are viewing this thread