Pale / Fair Skin - What Are Your Fave Products? #2

Isn't it funny how different brands have different ideas of what ivory is?
source: my own pic

Attachments

• 11379981_897902903603982_1152801607_n.jpg
    11379981_897902903603982_1152801607_n.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 5
Belowen, that blush looks so nice on you.

I have tried a sample of Suki Tinted Active Moisturizer in the shade Porcelain. This might be a very good product for those of you with pale skin that is acne prone. It didn't break me out.
The coverage is quite good for a tinted moisturizer. It's expensive so I recommend buying a sample first.

The best colour match I have found for my skin is actually Clinique Anti-Blemish Liquid Makeup in 01 Fresh Alabaster. I see someone else mentioned it here. It's not that pale but somehow looks lighter when worked into skin.
I would like to find an organic anti-blemish foundation/concealer though...

Sure it is! Look, ivory:

20sx4ic.jpg

doubtfulnews.com

Is the rule of thumb to always use a foundation when using a concealer? Or can you go make up free and just use a concealer for minor spots like under eye circles? I'm still trying to find a decent concealer for fair skin... the Touche Eclat by YSL seems to be more of a highlight than a concealer. I don't want to look heavily made up, ideally I'd just like to use a light concealer. If you've got nice skin, why cover it up?

^On days when I don't feel like putting makeup on, I just use the touche eclat to brighten the eye area and remove some of the redness in my skin (around the nose etc.). It does not conceal new spots though, in case you were wondering. I wear nr. 2. The original is soooo pink. I am having difficulty imagining anyone having that skin-tone...

I see. I'll try using it as just as a concealer for dark spots (I also have Touche Eclat #2), but if it's too obvious I'll find something that blends a bit more seamlessly with my skin.

I guess what I want to know is if anyone has had experience with using just a concealer, without foundation and how it looked.

^I guess it is the same as going without any base-products when your face is clear. Foundation does not change how a concealer works on its own if that was your question.

But you have to be aware that concealer really needs to match your skin tone (even more so than when applied over/under the foundation) and blend it carefully, othewise it will look horrible if you wear it alone.

I wear concealer-only almost all the time. Depending on where my skin is at I might wear a foundation, but since I don't like and avoid a lot of coverage - especially during summer - I put concealer on only where I need to, just to even out the tone of what problematic bits I have with the rest of my face.

In my pale experience though - one shade of concealer matching an overall complexion used on different parts of face usually fails in proper covering. Under-eye skin, blemishes, redness, discoloration around mouth/nose... need slight adjustment in tone and pigmentation, that's why palettes are the way to go with the concealer in my opinion + not to mention if your skin varies in winter vs summer.

Most important for me, however, is to exfoliate regularly - by keeping the texture of the skin even the concealer blends delicately and the overall look is light and absolutely natural-like.

I tried two products from H&M new beauty line. One of their compact foundation and one of their liquid ones. I had one in the colour Alabaster and one in Porcelain but I don't remember which one. Anyway they looked good on my pale skin they covered my redness. I recommend to try them on in the store.

I tried two products from H&M new beauty line. One of their compact foundation and one of their liquid ones. I had one in the colour Alabaster and one in Porcelain but I don't remember which one. Anyway they looked good on my pale skin they covered my redness. I recommend to try them on in the store.

I'm very curious about their new makeup - this sounds good :flower:

I guess what I want to know is if anyone has had experience with using just a concealer, without foundation and how it looked.

Very late to the convo but since nobody has addressed this, yes I do sometimes wear concealer without foundation...BUT it's true you have to make sure the color is correct and well-blended, PLUS I brush over the entire face with a powder so it evens out. This makes a big difference.

I used to wear powder foundation as it was lighter but my eczema has been so horrible the past year that it got all flakey looking... :( but my self esteem is going crazy after noticing I haven't cared much about my looks in a long while and I want to go back to wearing make up and I guess liquid foundation should be the first step!

I have been at temptalia's foundation matrix and the top matches for the foundation I wore are:

- MAC NC15
- Urban Decay Naked Weightless Super Definition 1/2 (not sure I can get it here however)
- Make Up For Ever HD Invisible Cover 117 (also not sure all shades are sold here)

So the most easy to attain would be MAC... but does anyone have any experience with the others? :flower:

Yes, I've worn the Make Up For Ever & liked it. Their shade range really is impressive & they didn't have any trouble matching me. MAC I have also worn and written about before. I wasn't really thrilled with it, but they are trained at MAC not to match pink skin, so it was bound to look awful out of the gate. Currently I wear Chanel Beige Rose 12 or 13, something like that & am happy with it (I have the color pinned). I think you'll like the HD.

MAC I have also worn and written about before. I wasn't really thrilled with it, but they are trained at MAC not to match pink skin, so it was bound to look awful out of the gate.

Tell me about it! I recently got the Matchmaster in 1.5 - the nuance isn't too dark but it's so d@mn yellow! I couldn't tell in the store but in natural light I feel like it looks like I've got issues with my liver :blink: A real shame when it's an otherwise quite nice foundation :(

When I was younger, I used to wear liquid foundation all the time, and Estee Lauder was the only brand that ever made decent products in a pale enough shade, that weren't yellow.

Years later, I decided to get back into wearing some coverage, bought an Estee Lauder foundation, and it is rubbish, performance-wise, in comparison to my high street BB cream, which cost about £5 and never fails me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frikandel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->