Patchwork S/S 07

i love how messy this beast looks :heart: ^_^

igdm6v.jpg

premiermodels

i love patchork but especially when it is against a more controlled background. like a bunch of different calicos surrounded by a solid black. there is a dress that sold on Ebay a while ago that i wish i had a picture of. black empire waist 60s dress, short bell sleeves, and the top was mostly red and yellow patchwork calicos and corset laced in front. anyway... i am always endeared to this style and fabric combination.

gunne saxe patchwork calico dresses are so cute...i think they are the next news in dresses...they have a very country/victorian yet cute feel about them.

patchwork in menswear!!

miu miu s/s 07
it sort of looks like a print than stitched together--i can't get close enough
mmss07-2.jpg

mmss07-1.jpg

[style]

i think if it's made and worn in the right way then patchwork can look great... but then again i probably think that about almost everything.. :P

a little creativity and originality can go a long way with this ^_^

thanks gius! :heart:
i love how the patchwork was done at miu miu...it's the entire shape of both shirts what's a little..distracting. :ninja: :P

just thought i'd share the patchwork shorts i sewed
[please ignore all the crap in my room :ninja:]

:o :woot: oh cutx!, they're awesome!!!, it reminds me a bit of those lanvin dresses for winter. the pattern mostly. but maybe i'm drifting here as always. they're adorable anyway. i want to steal your ideal now. for a blouse!. :heart:

subtle pathwork is nice imo..I'm not for the bold distinct patchwork.

Cutxpaste, I like your shorts, they look good. Very well done!

As for this trend in general, I like it. I think I couldn't pull it off though. I like patchwork when it looks fresh and "light", not when it looks like a traditional grandmother's dress. I don't like it very much when it's done by knitting. . .
I think patchworks look the best in dresses and pants. I'd love to see more examples of people in patchwork outside editorials and runways.

For some reason I am strongly against patchwork skirts. . .

^ thank you!

i got a patchwork skirt a while ago... it's probably 4 or 5 seasons old..and it's hard to find things to wear it with

Just came across a lovely pic of Iekeliene Stange during NYC Fashion Week. :heart:

iekeline1yr3.jpg

[wireimage]

i never thought / think i can get away with this - just too bold for me.

BUT

i love the way it looks, especially the smaller antique looking calico prints.

they remind me of little house on the prairie :lol: like the marc ones.

I'm in the mood for patchwork

I like the Chloe skirt, its more graphic less boho

fantastic I love it, also very inspirable (is that a correct word) for DIY :smile:

cutxpaste thanks for the link!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cstmbres
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->