Patryce Bak - Photographer

.francesca

about to fall or fly
Reaction score
patryce bak is a young photographer who graduated from the academy of art college (when it was college, not university) in san francisco a few years back. i discovered her in PDN a long time ago, but i started thinking about her again, wondering what she's up to. i think her photographs are quiet and poetic. i don't like all of them, but the ones i like i really, really like. sometimes she reminds me a bit of nan goldin and other photogs who shoot their friends, which is fine, but sometimes i find boring.

from www.patrycebak.com

field_laugh.jpg

cl2.jpg

this particular one is my favorite, what drew me to her:
07beachlegs.jpg

jed_paula.jpg

hungrywives.jpg

they're so cute!
venacava_full.jpg

nica.jpg

it's nice from what i can see, some remind me of film stills (of 'my summer of love' for example), i like the colours and how they transport a mood ...
your favourite is also my favourite so far, a bit reminescent of tracy moffat...
thanks, francesca!

Very interesting style, but I find her too realistic, like shownig the real grey side of life.

Here are some more photos that I liked:

nice pics..and link. ^_^
i love the different climates she captures in her photos and the relaxed feeling she gives to them. i'd erase some of the people and just keep the landscape though :P

I was on the point of asking you about your avatar! It's obviously the best pic from the whole bunch, the light is that peculiar light you see at the end of particular days :P Beautiful.

Her photographs don't intrigue me, but they sure are nice to look at. Does anyone know what camera she uses?

sunlit_read.jpg
06helmuts_from_behind.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I like it. rather pretty and simpel I thought.

Some more that I liked.
goth7.jpg

WT03.jpg

06antonio.jpg

05legs.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John Burke
Back