• The Red Carpet Highlights of... The 77th Annual Cannes Film Festival 2024!

• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Peasant Style Blouses

style_star

Reaction score
I've been in love with this trend for as long as I can remember. The blouses I am talking about are generally white or off-white and are sometimes off the shoulder. I do not know exactly what they are called and I am currently lacking images, but I was hoping someone could help change that!

These blouses sometimes come with eyelet designs and appear latin or Mexican. I have seen them in the old family movies "My Father the Hero" and "Captain Ron" on characters but have yet to see any pictures (or simply do not remember).
Any pictures would be greatly appreciated! :flower: Discuss!!

I found this picture from Elie Saab Fall 2006 and the style looks similar to the one I have in mind, only the blouse is in a different fabric and print.

Source: Style.com

Attachments

• 00380m.jpg
    00380m.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 9
I like these sort of blouses as well but only in white/cream in a cotton or broiderie anglaise

^ Yes! I did not know that was what it was called! Broiderie Anglaise it is! :P

What would you wear them with?

I think Chloe did a lot of blouses like this, no?

I hate these, they remind me of 10th grade when peasant stuff made a huge comeback. :sick: If I had to wear one I would probably wear it with anything but distressed flares. :lol:

Score! I found the perfect way to describe them! They're similar to the pirate blouses, billowing sleeves and all! :woot: Just not as costumey.

Source: http://server3.************/img/295473/picture-hosting/kk-6.jpg I forget what the site was that linked to this though :doh:

Attachments

• a2b61082f9147acf2a11bd5bb2fa806a.jpg
    a2b61082f9147acf2a11bd5bb2fa806a.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 6
Last edited by a moderator:
the romanian blouse series at the matisse exhibit at the met really turned me on to this look. i never found one to buy last f/w, but am looking forward to picking it up this f/w

i think it could be a decent look if you balance it out with something fitted on the bottom, or if the sleeves are billowing on top or bottom....but perhaps not both. i don't like the off the shoulder look at all, tho.

ooh-that blouse from the met is GORGEOUS!!!...:heart:...

i like this style too...

can we talk about how big this is at the moment?!
I mean- it's sort of a thing that is always there...
a bohemian sort of thing...
but there is an overflow of them at the moment...!!!

I'm not complaining...
in fact, I'm slightly overwhelmed cause I have always loved a good peasant blouse/embroidered top and there are so many at the moment that I am finding a great many that I'd like to have...

:innocent:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SnakePlissken
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->